Which one best for EASports games?!: GeForce 4 Ti 4600 or ATI Sapphire 9600 Pro/9800?!

Old September 6th 03, 06:17 PM
Strontium

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that depending on which console you have,
you are limited in what games you can play. I would have to own every
console, out there, to play what I wanted. Yeah, real budget-friendly!
NOT. I can get by for at least a year and a half with one video card.
-
Pug Fugley stood up at show-n-tell, in
t, and said:

"Strontium" wrote in message
**** consoles. They keep releasing new ones, every year. What a
waste of cash.

How ironic

New consoles come out every 5 years or so for $199.

Video cards come out every 3 months or so for $300. Talk about a
waste of cash!

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old September 6th 03, 06:37 PM
Pug Fugley

"Strontium" wrote in message
news
5yrs, my ass!

Xbox and Gamecube have been out for 2 years, PS2 for 3 years. These (exept
Xbox) all replaced consoles that came out 5 years previous.

-

Old September 6th 03, 06:40 PM
Pug Fugley

"Strontium" wrote in message
Oh, and let's not forget the fact that depending on which console you

have,
you are limited in what games you can play. I would have to own every
console, out there, to play what I wanted. Yeah, real budget-friendly!
NOT. I can get by for at least a year and a half with one video card.

Actually by limiting yourself to only PC, YOU have the worst selection of
games there is. Talk about limited.

Plus with my Xbox I can play games in full Dolby Digital 5.1 on a 65" HDTV
while lounging on the couch. Sure beats the hell out of sitting in a
computer chair squinting at a 17" monitor...and that's AFTER you get the
game working with all the patches and things you need, hoping you don't have
any crashed and praying that your hardware is compatable.

Old September 6th 03, 11:01 PM
Pug Fugley

"Strontium" wrote in message
Your experience, and mine, with PC versions differs greatly.

Not surprising, since it's obvious that I'm far smarter.

-

Old September 6th 03, 11:04 PM
Pug Fugley

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 17:40:02 GMT
"Pug Fugley" wrote:

"Strontium" wrote in message
Oh, and let's not forget the fact that depending on which console
you

have,
you are limited in what games you can play. I would have to own
every console, out there, to play what I wanted. Yeah, real
budget-friendly! NOT. I can get by for at least a year and a half
with one video card.

Actually by limiting yourself to only PC, YOU have the worst selection
of games there is. Talk about limited.

Plus with my Xbox I can play games in full Dolby Digital 5.1 on a 65"
HDTV while lounging on the couch.

Uh, with my PC I can play games on an 8 foot TV while lounging on my
couch. When I finally get the room set up the way I want it it will
become a 12 foot TV.

Well you're part of the 2% of people who has a dedicated gaming computer in
their living room. I guess you've got plenty of home theater juice to drown
out the 'vacuum cleaner' noise!

You're still missing:

Dolby 5.1 in all games
Good multiplayer

And I'll bet it's fun balancing a keyboard, mouse, and game controller while
you're sitting on the couch. I'll bet it's also fun dealing trying to read a
computer monitor until the game gets going becuase PC to TV text is
unreadable!

Old September 6th 03, 11:46 PM
Pug Fugley2

"Strontium" wrote in message
The only that has been proven is that you are now in my killfile,

dickface.

Well that means I win. You have resorted to 5th grade playground name
calling antics and never had anything good to say in the first place.

It was fun beating your ass into oblivion, we'll do it again soon. Next time
have something worthwhile to say before you start an arguement, and maybe
you won't be made fun of anymore.

-

Old September 7th 03, 12:03 AM
Strontium

Well, since you want to drag this out....

Firstly, insulting someone by saying "I'm smarter, than you" is hardly past
the 5th grade level of playground tactics.

Secondly, if your'e half as intelligent as you seem to think...you would not
have problems running PeeCee games. Maybe consoles are the answer for
people that can't build a solid box. If you have problems with PeeCee
games, and put the blame on the creators of the games, your original
assertion that you are smart might be construed oppositely.

Now, I'm done with you ****-for-brains. Next plonk is permanent (hint: your
nymshifting will not work, again).

Nym-shifting troll....typical behavior.

-
Pug Fugley2 stood up at show-n-tell, in
et, and said:

"Strontium" wrote in message
The only that has been proven is that you are now in my killfile,
dickface.

Well that means I win. You have resorted to 5th grade playground name
calling antics and never had anything good to say in the first place.

It was fun beating your ass into oblivion, we'll do it again soon.
Next time have something worthwhile to say before you start an
arguement, and maybe you won't be made fun of anymore.

snip

Old September 7th 03, 12:10 AM
J.Clarke

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 20:26:10 -0500
"Strontium" wrote:

-
J.Clarke stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:17:03 -0500
"Strontium" wrote:

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that depending on which console

you have, you are limited in what games you can play.

The same is true of a PC.

I would have to
own every console, out there, to play what I wanted.

I see. You are content to restrict yourself only to those titles
that are available for the PC but are not content to restrict
yourselves to those titles that are available on any other game
console.

Yeah, real
budget-friendly! NOT. I can get by for at least a year and a half
with one video card.-

The thing that you don't seem to grasp is that the PC is from that
viewpoint just another kind of game console, and the most expensive
of them all by a huge margin.

The thing that I have not made known, to you (and others), is that
gaming serves two purposes for me. 1. Leisure enjoment/astonishment
at graphics advancements. 2. It's a very good way for me to
benchmark/test my builds. I, never, have problems with my boxes.
Then, again, I test them to the limits in various ways. Gaming is but
one. That said, enjoy your XBox/PS2/GameCube....

Well, that's fine, but in that case why do you see range of titles as an
issue?

I'm out of this flamewar.

t, and said:

"Strontium" wrote in message
**** consoles. They keep releasing new ones, every year. What a
waste of cash.

How ironic

New consoles come out every 5 years or so for $199.

Video cards come out every 3 months or so for $300. Talk about a
waste of cash!

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)