Slow shutdown after installing latest X-Fi and 7900 GTX drivers.

Old September 19th 10, 01:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Default Slow shutdown after installing latest X-Fi and 7900 GTX drivers.

This is just terrible even after deleting the program files\creative
folder...

There is still a whole bunch of CT*.* / creative related stuff in the
C:\Windows folder...

Some of those files are from Microsoft like CTFMON.exe...

But most are still from creative...

I am gonna delete most of those files from creative to see if that helps.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 01:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Well at least I have removed the audio drivers ct*.sys from system32 which
turned up in a search...

Hopefully now everything can be installed up to 0006 and not beyond...

I didn't remove the audio driver from the cd version before installing the
web update... I think it should do that automatically.

But just to be sure I am gonna do that step as well. Maybe it will solve
something.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 01:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tester[_2_]

Skybuck Flying wrote:

But just to be sure I am gonna do that step as well. Maybe it will solve
something.

If you want to solve the problem yourself then please refrain from
giving us a running commentary because people are losing the tract of
what exactly is the problem. Only post after you have solved the
problem to let us know the solution. Alternatively, state the problem
and let us, the experts, solve it for you.

Hope this helps.

Old September 19th 10, 01:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Ohoh...

Maybe I shouldn't have done that...

Maybe I should just have deleted the creative folder but not the *.sys
things in system32...

After installing drivers from cd it cannot detect my soundblaster anymore...

So maybe those *.sys came with the operating system not sure...

Gonna try and remove the audio driver and install update 0006 hopefully that
will restore it.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 01:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

****....

0006 Web Update 5 still says there are newer drivers on the system...

I think it's checking the registry for some kind of creative string or key
or something

GOD DAMN STUPID ****ING RETARDS ARGH !

Siiiggghhhh..

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 01:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Fortunately somebody might have figured it out already, he writes the
following:

http://nomoregoatsoup.wordpress.com/...tall-problems/

"
This Manual uninstall method is quite complex and isn’t suited for most
users. Always backup your valuables, registry etc. If it goes wrong, don’t
blame me. It’s worth noting too that UAC should be disabled, in case anyone
out there is crazy enough to be using it. I don’t recommend this way -it’s
really a last resort thing.
1) Firstly begin by totally uninstalling anything with the Creative tag on
it.
Control Panel Control Panel Home Programs Uninstall a program
2) Next we need to remove any tricky start up entries, again anything
Creative must go.
Control Panel Control Panel Home Programs Change startup programs
3) Now we need to remove Creative registry entries, and there’s quite a few.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Creative Tech
HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\ASIO
4) Remove these files/folders:
C:\Windows\System32\BMX*.rfx
C:\Windows\System32\Data
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Data *(64-bit only)
C:\Windows\{*.BAK
C:\Windows\{*.CDF *Under Vista, requires additional actions to be
successfully deleted, see below.
C:\Windows\CTDCRES.DLL
C:\Windows\System32\cttele32.dll
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CTOSS2K.SYS
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CTSFM2K.SYS
C:\Program Files\Creative (delete whole folder)
C:\Windows\CTXFIRES.DLL
C:\Windows\CTPRES.DLL
C:\Windows\Updreg.EXE
To remove .CDF files, type the following two commands in the Command Prompt
(requires Admin Privileges or UAC disabled)
takeown /f C:\Windows\*.CDF
and
cacls C:\Windows\*.CDF /G User:F
User is your username, which must have admin rights. Answer Y (yes) to
confirm the changes.
Now close the prompt, open Windows Explorer and delete the files with
filenames like these:

{00000005-00000000-00000002-00001102-00000004-20021102}.BAK
{00000005-00000000-00000002-00001102-00000004-20021102}.CDF
After all of this, restart and begin to install your software. I noticed
that after using this method, my Creative driver packages would install much
quicker. It even solved a few little bugs I was having. Bonus.
"

I am gonna give it a try...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 02:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

The audio system is now completely dead, the 0006 update did not install
still reporting that a newer driver was installed.

Windows also says drivers missing or corrupted when I check audio devices.

Fortunately windows help has some advice open device manager and remove the
x-fi audio device and add it again...

I am gonna try this now to see if this helps...

I think this will probably make windows reinstall it's basic creative
drivers which apperently are part of windows itself.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 02:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Nope that didn't help... not sure what the hell I deleted but it were 5
ct*.sys drivers in system32\drivers which seemed to be from Creative...

Maybe it's time I put the windows xp x64 pro cd in it... maybe it has a
repair option...

Or perhaps trying a remove again, or perhaps installing the buggy drivers
might do the trick but I don't think so...

A websearch for these drivers might also turn up something...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 02:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Having no sound sux so I reinstalled latest driver 0008_0013 which causes
the slow shutdown...

The driver emulator thing was still crashing on startup.

Creative needs to test their software on Windows XP Pro x64 edition since it
has many issue's...

Maybe they aware of it or maybe not...

Anyway I am gonna give the auto updater a try and do a reboot later to see
if slow shutdown is still a problem afterwards after
all this screwing around.

Hopefully it will not give blue screen of death... but I think it will
probably do that as well if this driver was present all the time
after all.. ?! What a mess.

They need to make new cd which everything on that works on all supported
systems... and not this patch hell.

Bye,
Skybuck.