Slow shutdown after installing latest X-Fi and 7900 GTX drivers.

Old September 18th 10, 11:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Default Slow shutdown after installing latest X-Fi and 7900 GTX drivers.

Hmmm... there is no de-install option for the audio driver from 0008...

I am going to try and simply overwrite the current driver with an install
from 0006.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Well that didn't work.

Creative Labs has now put me into the position that I have to remove
everything again, and reinstall everything again.

This time I am going to make a copy of the installation CD in case it ever
goes broken otherwise I would be screwed with the next driver
update and same bad stuff happens...

Also then I don't have to go fetch the CD anymore.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 12:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Hmm interesting,

The soundblaster came with 3 cd's:

1. Installation CD
2. Music Creation Application CD
3. Demo Disc

Gonna try and make a copy of all 3 and install from the iso

Then install 0006 then a little bit more of defrag and then my system should
be good again

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 12:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Ok,

It took like 3 reboots just to get all Creative Labs stuff off my drive...
could thing I defragged my drives lately

Now I can go install it again.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 12:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

I forgot to mention something, this time I will try to install via the
ISO's/Daemon Tools...

I am curious if it will work... I don't think so.. but maybe it will if the
daemon virtual cd rom driver gets started before the installing
programs reboot starts...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 12:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Hmm interesting it has a checkbox if I want to install Doom 3 Update for
X-fi...

I think I already installed that... but gonna check it anyway to see what
happens...

So far it seems to be working... no copyright protection bull**** so far...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 12:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Hmm there are still a lot of left over files after deinstalling
everything...

For now I am gonna leave it on the drive... hopefully it won't interfere
with the installation.

program files/creative yadayada...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 12:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Yup Doom 3 patch 1.3 is already installed so setup program is gonna exit
now... hehe..

The rest for x-fi was installed so far... first CD/ISO ok so far...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 01:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Maybe the entire remove was unnecessary but I don't think so...

The update 0006 said it would remove audio console ?!? Does that mean the
same thing as audio drivers ?

Perhaps or perhaps not.

In Add/Remove programs I did see an entry called "Creative Audio Console"...

Perhaps only that needed to be removed and reinstalled but I don't think
so...

The Audio Console is probably the visual interface for volume.

I am gonna restart one last time to see if the common error
message/exception crash is still present on boot which it always did.

The driver 0006 also said it found newer drivers on my drive ?!?

I hope it didn't install those

As long as my shutdown it super slow then I think it didn't use 0013 at
least...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 10, 01:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Skybuck Flying[_3_]

Damn,

It has done exactly what I didn't want it to do...

It actually installed the driver from 0008 which I was trying to get rid
of...

It now says the same error message:

"Audio Driver Emulator: DLLML.exe - Application Error"

This is starting to **** me off !

I am now going to remove everything again and then do a manual delete...

Maybe that will get rid of it !

GOD DAMN ****ING RETARDS OVER THERE AT CREATIVE !

Bye,
Skybuck.