6600GT AGP, 4 now offered at newegg

Old December 23rd 04, 09:29 AM
...D.

"...D." wrote
Now I just read in a post about Fry's
Electronics having them

"Ed Light" wrote:
outpost.com is Fry's online store. I searched for 6600GT and only got one
overpriced pcx.

Ed, as far as I have figured out, Outpost.com might be owned by Fry's. Or
maybe not and they use the association to sell. Well, in either case, and
this is common with some stores 7 their online counterparts, the pricing
can be different, and especially in the case of Outpost.com & Fry's
Electronics stores, the inventory can be very different. Forget it if
you see it online and you think you can walk into a store and find the
same item, let alone the same price.

Believe me, I look at sales every week. I am the guy in the bay area that
posts on craigslist when I see a good looking deal offered at local stores
here. The some resellers & sellers of the new who advertise on craigslist
are ****ed off at me, because some stuff I post is cheaper than a used
product that is of lesser quality oe lower tech.

...D.
Old December 23rd 04, 09:38 AM
Ed Light

"...D." wrote
Ed, as far as I have figured out, Outpost.com might be owned by Fry's.

Go to Fry's web site, and they link to Outpost as the online store.

Thanks for the info.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old January 3rd 05, 02:43 PM
J. Clarke

Ed Light wrote:

"...D." wrote
Ed, as far as I have figured out, Outpost.com might be owned by Fry's.

Go to Fry's web site, and they link to Outpost as the online store.

Thanks for the info.

FWIW, Outpost is in Connecticut, while Frys is Left Coast. Further, Outpost
is mostly just a passthrough to the large wholesalers (Tech Data,
Ingram/Merisel, etc) so they basically have just about anything that is in
the distribution system and not much that isn't.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)