TV Input on Nvidia Card

Old September 4th 04, 03:07 AM
Deano

Default TV Input on Nvidia Card

I have a newer Nvidia card (MSI FX5900) and it indicates TV in and
out capability. Too bad they provide little or no info as to HOW I
would view such input. I currently have an older PCI Tv card (Pinnacle)
which no longer seems to keep up with the tv images. I was wondering if
I could input my VCR directly into the Nvidia card and view the input
directly from there rather than through the TV card which it currently
uses. Problem is that neither Nvidia nor MSI have included ANY direct
reference as to HOW I would receive/access the TV input. Does it just
magically appear, does it override my computer output, what should I do
or not do with this setup? ;-Deano
Old September 4th 04, 06:16 AM
The Black Wibble

"Deano" wrote in message
I have a newer Nvidia card (MSI FX5900) and it indicates TV in and out
capability. Too bad they provide little or no info as to HOW I would view
such input. I currently have an older PCI Tv card (Pinnacle) which no
longer seems to keep up with the tv images. I was wondering if I could
input my VCR directly into the Nvidia card and view the input directly
from there rather than through the TV card which it currently uses.

Yes. That's my setup. :-)

Problem is that neither Nvidia nor MSI have included ANY direct reference
as to HOW I would receive/access the TV input. Does it just magically
appear, does it override my computer output, what should I do or not do
with this setup? ;-Deano

Download and install the nVidia VIVO (only) drivers. They provide a standard
interface that video capture software can use to access the video functions
of your card. You can get the drivers from he
http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_winxp-2k-Me-98se_2.20 Then install video
capture software. I use ATV2000 (
http://www.apps4apps.filetap.com/atv2000.htm ) which is excellent now that a
few nasty bugs have gone, and it is freeware. When ATV2000 is run for the
first time it will present a setup screen. Just accept the default
settings. Select the video source type by right clicking on the ATV2000
main windows and go to "Video Source" where you can select either External
(which is composite video) or S-VHS. That's all there is to it.

Tony.
---
http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com

Old September 4th 04, 11:41 PM
Niscoupe

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm looking for some good advice....
How do Radeon Vivo cards compare (for video capture quality) with other
types of capture cards and/or systems? I'm mainly interested in R9600 pro as
opposed to the likes of Leadtek FX5700.

Old September 5th 04, 02:53 AM
The Black Wibble

"Niscoupe" wrote in message
news
Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm looking for some good advice....
How do Radeon Vivo cards compare (for video capture quality) with other
types of capture cards and/or systems? I'm mainly interested in R9600 pro
as
opposed to the likes of Leadtek FX5700.

I've never had an ATI card to make the comparison.

Tony.
---
http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com

Old September 5th 04, 09:03 AM
Cari

Only ATI card I can compare with my 256mb FX5700 is an ancient Radeon 64mb
VIVO. And the FX5700 beats it hands down.
www.coribright.com

news