Intel D925XYT motherboard in my dell 8400

Old March 9th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Intel D925XYT motherboard in my dell 8400

Hi, is there anyone out there who has the same motherboard in their
Dell Dimension 8400, mine is 3.4Ghz processor with 1GB Ram, about two
years old. I have recently discovered that it has an 'intel desktop
board' the 'D925XYT'. I went to the intel site to check for a bios and
the board does not even seem to exist. I want to erase the dell bios so
I can install XP Professional and get rid of XP Home edition. What can
I do ??????? There must be someone who has dealt with this problem. I
have emailed dell and they never got in touch..

Old March 9th 06, 08:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"GJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, is there anyone out there who has the same motherboard in their
Dell Dimension 8400, mine is 3.4Ghz processor with 1GB Ram, about two
years old. I have recently discovered that it has an 'intel desktop
board' the 'D925XYT'. I went to the intel site to check for a bios and
the board does not even seem to exist. I want to erase the dell bios so
I can install XP Professional and get rid of XP Home edition. What can
I do ??????? There must be someone who has dealt with this problem. I
have emailed dell and they never got in touch..

1) The board is a Dell board, not an Intel board, so you won't find it on
Intel's site.
2) Why in the world do you care about the BIOS? XP Pro will install just
fine on your machine. You could have ordered it with XP Pro. Just install
it.

Tom

Old March 10th 06, 03:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Not on my machine, I can assure you the board is 'intel' because i
peeled the dell sticker off the motherboard, I have also tried to
install XP Pro, IT WILL NOT WORK, it installs to the final stages then
when it automatically reboots to initialy load up, it just keeps
rebooting as soon as the XP PRO load screen appears. Hence why I need
to get rid of the Dell BIOS and use the motherboard manufacturers
BIOS...Also the fan is extremely noisy...

Old March 10th 06, 03:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"GJ" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not on my machine, I can assure you the board is 'intel' because i
peeled the dell sticker off the motherboard, I have also tried to
install XP Pro, IT WILL NOT WORK, it installs to the final stages then
when it automatically reboots to initialy load up, it just keeps
rebooting as soon as the XP PRO load screen appears. Hence why I need
to get rid of the Dell BIOS and use the motherboard manufacturers
BIOS...Also the fan is extremely noisy...

Nope.

Designed by Intel to Dell's specifications.
Built by various vendors.

Your problem is NOT because of the BIOS. XP Pro runs fine on an 8400. Are
you using a Dell XP Pro disk? If not, did you press F6 and load the SATA
drivers? If not, well, user error.

Tom

Old March 10th 06, 03:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"GJ" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not on my machine, I can assure you the board is 'intel' because i
peeled the dell sticker off the motherboard, I have also tried to
install XP Pro, IT WILL NOT WORK, it installs to the final stages then
when it automatically reboots to initialy load up, it just keeps
rebooting as soon as the XP PRO load screen appears. Hence why I need
to get rid of the Dell BIOS and use the motherboard manufacturers
BIOS...Also the fan is extremely noisy...

This type of problem is not due the BIOS, it is a much more likely to
be a memory or hard drive problem if it's hardware and not merely a
corrupted install. Can you get it to go into safe mode? If so, turn off
the auto reboot and the error message may prove helpful.

controlpanel\system\advanced\startupandrecovery\se ttings
uncheck the automatically restart.

Old March 10th 06, 06:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

sounds like something is wrong with your setup cd, or the hard drive is
bad, or memory is corrupt. not the bios.
run the dell diagnostics from the resource disk, or download it.
run extended tests until they complete. pay close attention to memory
and hard drive tests. you may find something surprising.

are you doing a full format or a quick format?
you must do a full format, or it may try and place files on a faulty
part of the hard drive and that could be causing your problem.

another quick thing you could try
is if you have 2 dimms, take out the first 1 and replace it with the
second one. leave the first dimm out. then try and boot up and see if it
comes up. that is a quick way to isolate a bad first dimm. then try the
test with the other dimm. the memory test will also show this, but it
will take hours to run.
if you're like me, a quick test is ... well quicker.

Jay
Old March 10th 06, 06:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Yeah, It could be a corrupt installation, I might have to try an
install it again.

Old March 11th 06, 10:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"GJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, is there anyone out there who has the same motherboard in their
Dell Dimension 8400, mine is 3.4Ghz processor with 1GB Ram, about two
years old. I have recently discovered that it has an 'intel desktop
board' the 'D925XYT'. I went to the intel site to check for a bios and
the board does not even seem to exist. I want to erase the dell bios

so
I can install XP Professional and get rid of XP Home edition. What can
I do ??????? There must be someone who has dealt with this problem. I
have emailed dell and they never got in touch..

That is NOT an Intel board. It is an "Intel designed for Dell" board.
Made by one of three companies for Dell. It will NOT use an Intel BIOS.
Don't try it unless you want a doorstop. If you have XP Pro retail it
will install with no problems just format and install. BIOS has nothing
to do with that, the BIOS check only allows you to reinstall using the
Dell provided OS without having to reactivate the OS, nothing more. You
can format and install whatever retail OS you want.