Should I go Athlon64 or Barton?

Old September 20th 04, 07:54 AM

*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``' ¸ô¶ó - Cull the O/T ****e '``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*
BoroLad
Old September 20th 04, 10:58 AM
George Macdonald

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:17:50 -0400, keith wrote:

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:20:42 +0000, Robert Redelmeier wrote:

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips keith wrote:
Indeed. The EU is just as dangerous as the UN.

Like the League of Nations was dangerous? Very subtle,
creating a false sense of security and later indignation.

No, rather like an unelected government that answers to no one.
...and unchecked bureaucracy, with no limits.

The indignation has already taken a strong hold, especially in England, and
certainly some in Scotland & Wales. The Irish (Eire) have, of course,
already learned how to lick the Euro-boot and wallow in the err, "economic
benefits". From what I saw recently, the English are totally ****ed with
the whole thing - no way is Blair going to allow a referendum on this...
which may be the one thing which brings him down.

The feeling is that Norway got it right when they balked at the 11th hour
over the "access commun" (common ownership of territorial waters & fishing
rights) which the Euro-parliament enacted the day before final signature by
U.K., Ireland, Denmark and the recalcitrant Norway.

I predict another European war withing *our* lifetime.

Possibly like the US Civil War? Centrists vs Federalists?

Perhaps you're closer here, but I was thinking more along the lines of
WWI/II. ...ugly in any case.

Why? The Germans and French are already running the show so they don't
need to rile against anything. IMO it'll start with civil disobedience,
unrest and lead to guerilla & "terrorist" incidents. The Basques are just
the start though they've always had a beef with the Spanish govt.

Rgds, George Macdonald

Old September 20th 04, 09:27 PM

Old September 20th 04, 09:27 PM