Chromecast Question

Old December 26th 16, 08:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Chromecast Question - dang!

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 10:55:31 -0500, Paul

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 08:30:48 -0500, wrote:

I am really disappointed. I am becoming convinced that this Android
5.1.1 cannot cast to a TV what I show on my tablet screen. IE
'screencast'. Even tho it looks like I can cast nicely from any app
that includes support for casting. To wit, Google Home, Youtube, ...
They have an icon on the tablet screen to select such casting. I can
do the latter but not the former.

Oh well. I wasted my money.

JW

My booboo. I missed the menu on the tablet screen that starts
so-called 'screen casting'. New problem tho - the casted display on
the TV stays sideways. I can't get it to rotate upright. I wonder
what is causing that?

JW

It's a bad sign, when someone has to make an App for that.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidlock&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ocalcast&hl=en

Not really encouraging. Maybe there will be a difference between
rotation at the application level, versus the entire desktop of
the Android ?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...0-degrees.html

You would need the equivalent of an Arch Linux article,
only for Android. Something a Googlean should write.

Paul

The screen cast from my tablet to TV is working, BUT the TV screen is
90 degree sideways. Nothing I do to the tablet changes that. Whatever
I did (run other things on the tablet), the TV dupe was still
sideways. I got to thinking...I will install Chromecast on my W7 PC
that has wireless, and see if it works and is sideways. I left
Chromecast screen casting from the tablet, so I cud see how two
simultaneous screen casts wud react. Guess what? The PC screen cast
worked and was NOT sideways. Further when I turned the PC screen cast
off, I found the tablet screen cast to already be off. And when I
turned that back on, it was not sideways any more. What does all this
mean I wonder....

JW
Old December 27th 16, 12:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

wrote:

[...]

Now *that's* some mighty fine experimenting... :-)

Good work!

I would never have thought of trying that.

Paul