My new sound quality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 8th 04, 12:29 AM
Mark G.

Default My new sound quality

I just upgraded to an ASUS A7N8X-E and knew when I bought the board that it
was to have this awesome Soundstorm onboard sound. Although I do use an
older Logitech (2 satellites and 1 sub) system, when I used my old board,
which had onboard sound, it sounded much better. The old board was an ASUS
CUV4X-E. Was the sound on that board better then this newer one or
something? I looked through all the nForce tray options and all sounds good
except for the fact that it doesn't allow for a set up like mine. My
speakers go from one satellite to another and connect to the sub and from
there goes to the sound on the motherboard. I especially notice the sound
quality when playing a war game and there is a lot of action in terms of gun
fire and bombs it then starts to sound crappy. When I look to see what
version of the audio driver I have, it says 6.14. I thought I would have
better sound with this new board. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Can
someone help with this please? Thanks very much.