Erratic Mouse

Old January 26th 04, 01:16 PM
lazya

Default Erratic Mouse

Started having occasional problems with my MS mice, I have a wireless and a USB Explorer, the curser
will start moving by itself, either up or down, when going down, it drops very fast, slower going
up, but still too fast to shut any open windows or to shut off comp. I have tried new video drivers,
now trying 53.06 for my NVIDIA 4600. Specs: AMD 2400, not overclocked anymore, Gigabyte board, 1 gig
DDR 2700, I haven't installed anything new lately either. It's not keeping me up nights yet, but I
have considered drinking again...

Old January 28th 04, 04:10 AM
Shirley A Sharan

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:16:55 -0600, "lazya" wrote:

Started having occasional problems with my MS mice, I have a wireless and a USB Explorer, the curser
will start moving by itself, either up or down, when going down, it drops very fast, slower going
up, but still too fast to shut any open windows or to shut off comp. I have tried new video drivers,
now trying 53.06 for my NVIDIA 4600. Specs: AMD 2400, not overclocked anymore, Gigabyte board, 1 gig
DDR 2700, I haven't installed anything new lately either. It's not keeping me up nights yet, but I
have considered drinking again...

I had the USB Explorer (just about 2 years) and the same thing
happened to me. I downloaded and installed new drivers and
the mouse was fine for a time; but then the same problems began to
occur - including completely freezing up and needing a re-boot.
Finally I went out and bought a logitech USB optical and no more
problems. These mice do, eventually, give out - my last one (the
ordinary PS2) lasted 6 years! even with the "rubber ball and locking
thingy."

If you do purchase a new one and if it is Logitech, you may want to
consider disabling the desktop messenger. It is terrible!!! (I like
the logitech mice [I've had experience with them before] and IMHO they
far outweigh any good that comes from MS mice)!

HTH,
Shyrl