what type of memory for an E Ultra BN730 Motherboard?

Old June 1st 04, 10:30 PM
Pat McCann

Default what type of memory for an E Ultra BN730 Motherboard?

Hi
I have to upgrade the memory on a PC fitted with a motherboard marked
"BN 730 E Ultra." It supports an AMD processor.

It has two DIMM sockets. 1 has memory in, the other is spare.

I cannot find a manual on the net for this motherbaord.

Does anyone know what type of memory I need to buy to add more memory
please???

Thanks Pat

Old June 2nd 04, 12:14 AM
The Prophecy

Pat McCann wrote:
Hi
I have to upgrade the memory on a PC fitted with a motherboard marked
"BN 730 E Ultra." It supports an AMD processor.

It has two DIMM sockets. 1 has memory in, the other is spare.

I cannot find a manual on the net for this motherbaord.

Does anyone know what type of memory I need to buy to add more memory
please???

Thanks Pat

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but, it should take any type of DIMM RAM.

Old June 2nd 04, 01:39 AM
kony

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:30:20 +0100, Pat McCann
wrote:

Hi
I have to upgrade the memory on a PC fitted with a motherboard marked
"BN 730 E Ultra." It supports an AMD processor.

It has two DIMM sockets. 1 has memory in, the other is spare.

I cannot find a manual on the net for this motherbaord.

Does anyone know what type of memory I need to buy to add more memory
please???

Thanks Pat

I will "guess" that it's Sis 730 chipset, so it supports up to 133MHz
(DDR266) Front Side Bus, so memory should be PC2100 or higher (PC2700 or
3200). Since you only have two memory slots you might want the largest
module the budget allows, it will accept at least 1GB modules but 512MB
modules are much more reasonably priced.
Old September 21st 04, 12:11 PM
Storm

I`m sorting out a friends pc which has this motherboard. I also couldn`
find any manual`s online, but she has the manual so when I talk to he
I`ll ask what it says. At the moment she has PC133 ram in it.

You can find drivers for it via www.bona.com.t

--
Stor
Storm's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/...html?userid=52

Old September 21st 04, 02:37 PM
kony

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 06:11:41 -0500, Storm
wrote:

I`m sorting out a friends pc which has this motherboard. I also couldn`t
find any manual`s online, but she has the manual so when I talk to her
I`ll ask what it says. At the moment she has PC133 ram in it.

You can find drivers for it via www.bona.com.tw

It appears that my post was wrong, if it supports PC133 only
and has PC133 in it, where's the mystery about memory?
Can't see buying 1GB modules for such an old board though,
before doing that it would make as much sense to upgrade
motherboard/CPU and then whichever memory the new combo
needs... 256 or 512MB is more cost-effective for that, IMO.