grpahic card info

Old June 3rd 08, 04:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
You'll neva walk alone!

Default grpahic card info

hi there,
first i need to know which is the best graphic card from the nvidia 9X
series.
also i have a graphic card with 2 out puts vga and dvi, and i have 2
monitors one with vga and other with dvi inputs. now i dont wanna
clone the screens, instead i want it such a way that my recycle bin
and my computer are seen on the left of the leftmost monitor and the
clock on the right of the right most monitor. can u tell me what
setting do i need to do in my pc in order to achive this?
Old June 3rd 08, 06:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"You'll neva walk alone!" wrote in message
hi there,
first i need to know which is the best graphic card from the nvidia 9X
series.
also i have a graphic card with 2 out puts vga and dvi, and i have 2
monitors one with vga and other with dvi inputs. now i dont wanna
clone the screens, instead i want it such a way that my recycle bin
and my computer are seen on the left of the leftmost monitor and the
clock on the right of the right most monitor. can u tell me what
setting do i need to do in my pc in order to achive this?

Any card with two outputs (DVI-VGA or DVI-DVI) can do this. It's called
spanning. With dual DVI output you use a dongle on one to connect your VGA
only monitor. As to what the "best" card is, it depends on what your needs
and requirements are. All of the 9XXX series are geared toward higher end
DX9/DX10 gaming and are fully HDCP capable. The 9800GX2 is nothing more than
two factory sandwiched lower clocked 8800GTS cards together for around $600.
It won't outperform two SLI'd faster 512Mb 8800GTS cards which can be had
for $420.

Old June 3rd 08, 07:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

You'll neva walk alone! wrote:
hi there,
first i need to know which is the best graphic card from the nvidia 9X
series.
also i have a graphic card with 2 out puts vga and dvi, and i have 2
monitors one with vga and other with dvi inputs. now i dont wanna
clone the screens, instead i want it such a way that my recycle bin
and my computer are seen on the left of the leftmost monitor and the
clock on the right of the right most monitor. can u tell me what
setting do i need to do in my pc in order to achive this?

Could you explain what you do with the computer ?

Are you are gamer mainly ?

Do you do something with professional OpenGL applications ?

Do you do a lot of Microsoft office (word/powerpoint/excel),
email, web surfing, stock trading ?

The questions, are to make sure you're aiming for the best
card and best hardware configuration for the job. It might
not require a gamer card, but just a card suited to driving
two monitors. $100 might cover it, you never know.

Paul
Old June 3rd 08, 08:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
You'll neva walk alone!

hi guys,
well i would ask for a card for both gaming and desktop.
ideally i thing could u suggest me a nvidia 9x card for gaming?

about the second one, i was just curius to find out how should i go
about spanning(this is the term right?) i have one vga and one dvi
monite so i dont need any convertor. i just wanna know what should i
do in my comp to start spanning, like go in display and change some
settings etc?
Old June 3rd 08, 09:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

You'll neva walk alone! wrote:
hi guys,
well i would ask for a card for both gaming and desktop.
ideally i thing could u suggest me a nvidia 9x card for gaming?

about the second one, i was just curius to find out how should i go
about spanning(this is the term right?) i have one vga and one dvi
monite so i dont need any convertor. i just wanna know what should i
do in my comp to start spanning, like go in display and change some
settings etc?

To answer the second question, I should point out that there
is the "old control panel" and "new control panel". The "old control
panel" comes with a nice manual. The new one comes with a stub of
a manual, with no useful info in it. Which means I cannot look at
the new manual, and help you out, unless I happen to have the exact
same setup as you do.

In any case, try this old manual, as at least you'll get an idea
of the concepts.

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/Qu...rtified/91.36/ (some documents)

Try PDF page 84 of this one.
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/Qu...sers_Guide.pdf

As for selecting a card, the bottom of this page lists the parameters.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/

Obviously, price enters into the picture. I'm a cheapskate,
and maybe I wouldn't go for a 9x series.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....=559&card2=544

The 9800GX2 is two GPUs in one package. With a price to match.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....=559&card2=560

Paul

Old June 3rd 08, 09:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
You'll neva walk alone!

@paul
consider the old manual please. windows XP one.
Old June 3rd 08, 06:18 PM
tecktalk tecktalk is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by You'll neva walk alone! View Post
hi there,
first i need to know which is the best graphic card from the nvidia 9X
series.
also i have a graphic card with 2 out puts vga and dvi, and i have 2
monitors one with vga and other with dvi inputs. now i dont wanna
clone the screens, instead i want it such a way that my recycle bin
and my computer are seen on the left of the leftmost monitor and the
clock on the right of the right most monitor. can u tell me what
setting do i need to do in my pc in order to achive this?
difficult to say.. may b u try acer GridVista software to do it..

Info on old card. Jimmy Ati Videocards 4 February 12th 05 06:20 PM
Video card upgrade info Daniel Conroy Ati Videocards 3 April 21st 04 07:24 PM
TV Tuner Card Info Stacey General 7 April 6th 04 04:35 AM
Any info on TV Card TUN200? Mark BR Ati Videocards 1 September 26th 03 09:34 PM
Need nVIDIA Card info bluestringer Nvidia Videocards 2 September 13th 03 10:58 PM