Anyone using a MSI K8N Neo4 Plat ?

Old February 21st 05, 11:17 PM
James998

Default Anyone using a MSI K8N Neo4 Plat ?

I'm currently building a new system and part of my setup is the K8N
Neo4 Platinum with the Plextor 716SA burner. I can't seem to burn
anything from my hard drive or DVD ROM. Tried various CDs and DVDs
in various formats/brands. Same result. The burning process halts
at around 10%. Tried various speeds as well. Was using Nero 6x as
well as Roxio which came with the burner. Same result. I have it
installed on my NV SATA controller since it's not recognizing the
drive from the Silicon Image's controller.

I read somewhere on a tech board that the guy who also has the same
mobo and dvd/cd burner installed the 716SA on the Silicon Image's
controller and it's working nicely. He said something about
switching the 716SA from the NV controller to the Silicon Image's
contoller once he's in the OS. People from that message board (which
I don't remember the name or site) said something about a
compatibility issue with the Plextor 716SA and the Nforce4 chipset.
I don't know....I'm not that technical.

My video card, a PowerColor X850XT has been sent back due to problems
so I haven't had a chance to test it much less use my PC since I
don't have another pcie video card.

Hope this info is useful.

jv