Tesco refill kits-How good?

Old November 23rd 05, 06:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Tesco refill kits-How good?

Has anyone experience of using the Tesco refill kits?
Blair

Old November 23rd 05, 10:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

If refilling it 'may' be advisable to stay clear of 'universal' inks,
the inks same ink that can be used in Epson & Canon printers say,
from my learnings its better to use formulated inks.

Epson is a cold ink whilst Canon has to boil it hence inkjet and
bubble jet, meaning to say my way of thinking 'may' have to be a
different formulation.

Just my learnings only

Davy.

Old November 23rd 05, 11:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Epson is a cold ink whilst Canon has to boil it
sence inkjet and bubble jet, meaning to say my
way of thinking 'may' have to be a different
formulation.
Just my learnings only

Agreed.... not only this but the canon ink seems more viscious than the
epson r200 dye ink... even when looking at formulated aftermarket ink
for the same printer.

There is some universal ink in the states at costco called IMS that
while it works so so for canons... it's by no means perfect.

Tesco might be Jettec.... I can't say for sure but i've seen it
referenced as such in this group.

Old November 23rd 05, 06:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Davy wrote:

If refilling it 'may' be advisable to stay clear of 'universal' inks,
the inks same ink that can be used in Epson & Canon printers say,
from my learnings its better to use formulated inks.

THOU WILST STAY CLEAR OF ALL AFTERMARKET UNBRANDED INKS. IF YOUR
PRINTLOAD IS HIGH AND YOU CAN FIND (LOOK REAL HARD) BRANDED PREFILLED
CARTS THEN THAT MAY BE MORE ECONOMICAL AND YOU SHOULD ROLL THE DICE.
FOR IF YOU GET MORE THAN THE BREAK EVEN NUMBER OF CHANGES BEFORE THE
CLOGS RUIN THE PRINTHEAD THEN JUST GET ANOTEHR PRINTER.

Old November 23rd 05, 06:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

This does not sound like a brand

Old November 23rd 05, 06:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Blair wrote:
Has anyone experience of using the Tesco refill kits?
Blair

Found something on the Net called the "Tesco Value Inkjet Refill Kit".
From the poster's review it appears to be a universal-type refill ink -
an ink formulated to work in most printers, most models. This is NOT a
good compromise. Whether this strange ink concoction will work satis-
factorily in your printer, I don't know. There will always be certain
risks, including poor print quality, using ink of this type.

Experienced users in this group prefer refill inks specifically MADE for
our cartridge types. In plain English: ink that is formulated for only
one brand of printer and only certain models within that brand.

Spend a little more and get a "real" kit ;-) . . .

-Taliesyn
Old November 23rd 05, 07:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:

Blair wrote:

Has anyone experience of using the Tesco refill kits?
Blair

Found something on the Net called the "Tesco Value Inkjet Refill Kit".
From the poster's review it appears to be a universal-type refill ink -
an ink formulated to work in most printers, most models. This is NOT a
good compromise. Whether this strange ink concoction will work satis-
factorily in your printer, I don't know. There will always be certain
risks, including poor print quality, using ink of this type.

THE RISKS ARE TRUE FOR ALL UNBRANDED NON OEM NON GENUINE INKS

Old November 23rd 05, 09:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Tyler K. wrote:

measekite wrote in
. net:

Taliesyn wrote:

Blair wrote:

Has anyone experience of using the Tesco refill kits?
Blair

Found something on the Net called the "Tesco Value Inkjet Refill
Kit". From the poster's review it appears to be a universal-type
refill ink - an ink formulated to work in most printers, most models.
This is NOT a good compromise. Whether this strange ink concoction
will work satis- factorily in your printer, I don't know. There will
always be certain risks, including poor print quality, using ink of
this type.

THE RISKS ARE TRUE

We all agree, refilling with universal ink would be as stupid as taking
advice from a troll. Stay away from both.

DUMB QUESTIONS RETURN DUMB ANSWERS. BUT MAYBE THE STUFF IS GOOD FOR
THOSE WHO CANNOT AFFORD TO PRINT. HAPPY CLOGGING. I GUESS IT IS TURKEY
DAY. CAN U SAY GOBBLE GOBBLE
Old November 24th 05, 02:01 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

measkite said: Snipped per request

There is no such thing as a dumb questions... only dumb answers... from
people who have no experence.

But according to you refilling is perfectly safe for heavy users...
only light users risk clogs... which is in part true as we all know
inkjets will dry out if left off and unused. I'm not going to say
Tesco's kit is anygood as I don't know anything about it... only those
universal kits while often being the lest spendy per ml are often work
somewhat OK in one printer and **** poor in others. In the UK there
are require a few off the shelf solutions as well as refill inks from
the likes of OCP and Lyson or imports like Image Specalists or
Formulabs. While I have no direct experence with OCP or Lyson your far
far far more likely to find others with experence with those brands and
make a valued judgement based on others *experence*.

Old November 24th 05, 08:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

In message , Taliesyn
writes
Blair wrote:
Has anyone experience of using the Tesco refill kits?

Found something on the Net called the "Tesco Value Inkjet Refill Kit".
From the poster's review it appears to be a universal-type refill ink -
an ink formulated to work in most printers, most models. This is NOT a
good compromise.

If its a Tesco 'Value' range I'd say avoid it. El cheapo hot chocolate
is fine, or the cheap bread for toasting purposes, but I wouldn't trust
the stuff in a printer, unless I was about to throw it out and there was
nothing to lose.

--
Timothy