Driver for Epson Stylus Color 880

Old July 10th 05, 06:07 PM
Blair

Default Driver for Epson Stylus Color 880

Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details of
the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
What causes this and how can I correct this?
I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
Blair

Old July 10th 05, 06:22 PM
Jan Alter

Sometimes the print will process faster than the software for the print
monitor to open. The important question is if you can access the ink usage
monitor when you go to Start, Printers and Faxes, then right click on the
880, then Properties, and finally Printing Preferences. If you then see the
amount of ink that's available your software is still working okay.

--
Jan Alter

or

Old July 11th 05, 02:59 AM
Sideshow Bob

"Blair" wrote in message
Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details
of
the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
What causes this and how can I correct this?
I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
Blair

There's a nifty utility program available for Epson's that, among other
things, provides an ink level monitor. I use it and have used it on an 880.

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Old July 12th 05, 05:40 AM
Blair

Thanks for your reply. When I checked the outline of the ink boxes were
there but do not show the amount.
Blair

Old July 12th 05, 05:42 AM
Blair

"Sideshow Bob" wrote in message

"Blair" wrote in message
Recently although I can print I find that the window showing the details
of
the printer including showing the amount of ink remaining does not open.
What causes this and how can I correct this?
I have reinstalled the driver and sometimes it works but does not last
Blair

There's a nifty utility program available for Epson's that, among other
things, provides an ink level monitor. I use it and have used it on an

880.

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Thanks - I will use your suggestionas a fall back if I fail to solve the
problem. The monitor should be shown correvtly.
Blair