Heeeelp TV-out problems

Old March 1st 05, 12:02 PM
SHQ

Default Heeeelp TV-out problems

Hello I have a Geforce card with a TV-out when I run it in Clonemode
something weird happens. It does not show any DivX movies but I can
see my own movies from a RR10 digital camera. You can see the rest of
the mediaplayer but the screen is black.

Is that some copyright protecting? Please help. You can write on
because I get lost and sometimes loose my threads.
Belive it or not.

I have Mediaplayer 9. Worth adding.

I have had this topic up before and tried your advise but nothing
worked. The only thing that makes it work is if I deinstall all Nvidia
drivers. Then I can view TV-out but with a bad rezolution of course.

Drivers/Pal - settings etc. Tried it all. What do I do?
Old March 1st 05, 12:08 PM
Sune Storgaard

SHQ wrote:
Hello I have a Geforce card with a TV-out when I run it in Clonemode
something weird happens. It does not show any DivX movies but I can
see my own movies from a RR10 digital camera. You can see the rest of
the mediaplayer but the screen is black.

Sounds like a classic overlay problem. Set the TV to primary display, and
the overlay will be moved to that. When your done set your monitor to
primary again.

Is that some copyright protecting? Please help. You can write on
because I get lost and sometimes loose my threads.
Belive it or not.

Usenet doesnt work like that.

Old March 1st 05, 11:10 PM
Frog Legs

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:08:55 +0100, "Sune Storgaard"
wrote:

SHQ wrote:
Hello I have a Geforce card with a TV-out when I run it in Clonemode
something weird happens. It does not show any DivX movies but I can
see my own movies from a RR10 digital camera. You can see the rest of
the mediaplayer but the screen is black.

Sounds like a classic overlay problem. Set the TV to primary display, and
the overlay will be moved to that. When your done set your monitor to
primary again.

No, no, no - don't do that. The windows menus will be so small and
blurry you will have difficulty getting back to your monitor display.
Instead do this:

Select single monitor display mode. In the nView desktop manager
select "Hot Keys". Add a hot key combination(Such as Ctrl-T) for
"switch to TV output" You will then be able to switch to and from
the TV with your hot key.

Old March 15th 05, 07:37 AM
VIDiot

VIDiot here...

On 1 Mar 2005 04:02:36 -0800, (SHQ) wrote:

Hello I have a Geforce card with a TV-out when I run it in Clonemode
something weird happens. It does not show any DivX movies but I can
see my own movies from a RR10 digital camera. You can see the rest of
the mediaplayer but the screen is black.

Is that some copyright protecting? Please help. You can write on
because I get lost and sometimes loose my threads.
Belive it or not.

I have Mediaplayer 9. Worth adding.

I have had this topic up before and tried your advise but nothing
worked. The only thing that makes it work is if I deinstall all Nvidia
drivers. Then I can view TV-out but with a bad rezolution of course.

Drivers/Pal - settings etc. Tried it all. What do I do?

I have been fighting the same issue for a long time, at one time, older
drivers allowed me to select the right settings, but the newer drivers
do not. There's no "quick fix" that I know of, but I "do" know of two
ways to get around the problem.

#1:nView display settings-Clone-TV+Analog

This'll make the video-played visible on your TV, however, you won't see
it on the PC's monitor. You can use the taskbar icon to do the
quick-change.
(*Note: When you switch back, be SURE your TV is still showing the PC's
desktop, because it'll try to detect the displays and turn off your
computer's display if the TV isn't on anymore. Sucks, I know).

#2: Dump WMP9 and use MPC (Media Player Classic), it's free, it's a
GREAT video player, and it has alot of built-in codec+filter features!
It's a modified version of WMP 6... has way-more features though.
In Options-Playback-Output ... select: VMR9 (renderless)**

The version you want can be found he

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358

No installation needed! Just copy to where-ever you want, and run it! It
works fine for me, but nobody has EVER come up with a solution to our
problem... and I have asked and asked here, and there's been many
suggestions but no real fix for this issue.

VIDiot
....end of line.
Old March 17th 05, 09:40 PM
tq96

#1:nView display settings-Clone-TV+Analog
#2: Dump WMP9 and use MPC (Media Player Classic), it's free, it's a

#3. If all you want to do is watch the videos on your TV, then set it to be
the full screen device. All you will get is the video on the TV, but that
may be exactly what you want.

Have you had problems with iiyama VM Pro 454 or 451 monitors? Irish Rover Homebuilt PC's 8 January 7th 05 11:29 PM
Sapphire Radeon 9800SE + Shuttle machine = Problems Jiri Kuukasjärvi General 2 September 12th 04 11:17 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 09:41 PM
FX problems. Drivers or hardware? NickNick Nvidia Videocards 6 September 15th 03 12:01 AM