This seems like OK prices for memory at Outpost,com and possibly some Office Maxes

Old July 25th 04, 03:47 PM

Default This seems like OK prices for memory at Outpost,com and possibly some Office Maxes

The email I got has OCZ 3200 512 stick of mem for 59 buck after a 25
mail in rebate. This is similar to the deal I got for Kbyte mem months
and months ago for $55-57 after rebate. Havent seen it near that price
since then. And both my cheap sticks - Kbyte and Kingston - which was
also 55 buck after rebate work well on my system.

The other one is a 512 stick of 2700 ram at some Office maxes after
rebate for 49. Omax has started changing the sales around in some
regions so it may not be on sale this week where you are or even at
that price.

And as for the OCZ rebate have no idea how reliable it is. However
Kbyte and Centon have been bashed alot in the newsgroups but I got
both very quickly especially the KBYTE which people warned me about.
This was though - right after a lot of complaining by people which led
to FRYs saying they would back up any rebates that werent paid since
some suggested FRYs didnt care about the unpaid rebates. So maybe that
had an effect on the quick payment of my rebate. Have no idea if they
have slacked off again.

Old July 27th 04, 12:49 PM

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:47:11 GMT, "
wrote:

[...]

More info - saw a thread at a site where two guys were claiming the
OCZ they bought and other brand with "elixer" chips didnt work well at
all with their boards. One guy says he sent it back and got another
stick with I think Infineon and it worked fine. I have no idea if this
is a common problem or not.

Every single stick I ever purchased has worked with the boards Ive
tried them on - 2700 sticks from Centon, Kingston , PNY and similar
sticks of 2100.

And surprisingly my two 3200 sticks Kingston value ram and Kbyte in
dual mem mode on my Asus A7n8xdeluxe. And as Ive mentioned even my
crucial 2100 256 sticks worked at 3200 in dual mem mode on my Asus
board. Ive never bothered to check the chips on them though.