Are Forceware drivers the same as regular Nvidia drivers?

Old September 27th 04, 03:30 AM
Luke Piasecki

Default Are Forceware drivers the same as regular Nvidia drivers?

I wonder if the Forceware drivers are the same as NVidia drivers (the
unified drivers) ?
I tried installing 66.00 and 66.30 but none of them installed correctly on
my geForce FX 5900.
I thought NVidia drivers were called 'Detonators' ? Anyway, I have 61.77
installed now (which is what is available on NVidia web site).
I wonder if there are any newer Forceware drivers that would work with
geForce 5900 ?

Thank you,

Old September 27th 04, 06:41 AM
Steven K

"Luke Piasecki" wrote in message

I wonder if the Forceware drivers are the same as NVidia drivers (the
unified drivers) ?
I tried installing 66.00 and 66.30 but none of them installed correctly on
my geForce FX 5900.
I thought NVidia drivers were called 'Detonators' ? Anyway, I have 61.77
installed now (which is what is available on NVidia web site).
I wonder if there are any newer Forceware drivers that would work with
geForce 5900 ?

Thank you,

As far as I know the older drivers are Detonators and starting with version
6x.xx renamed to Forceware - pure cosmetically!

Old September 27th 04, 09:03 PM
CapFusion

"Luke Piasecki" wrote in message
I wonder if the Forceware drivers are the same as NVidia drivers (the
unified drivers) ?
I tried installing 66.00 and 66.30 but none of them installed correctly on
my geForce FX 5900.
I thought NVidia drivers were called 'Detonators' ? Anyway, I have 61.77
installed now (which is what is available on NVidia web site).
I wonder if there are any newer Forceware drivers that would work with
geForce 5900 ?

Thank you,

61.77 driver from nVidia should able to work with FX5900 model.

CapFusion,...

Old September 28th 04, 12:24 AM
Luke Piasecki

CapFusion, please read my post again :-).
I know it works, I have it installed. I'm asking what is a newer version of
the driver that will work with the card.

Old September 28th 04, 12:35 AM
Steven K

"Luke Piasecki" wrote in message

CapFusion, please read my post again :-).
I know it works, I have it installed. I'm asking what is a newer version
of the driver that will work with the card.

61.77 is the latest official driver!

Old September 28th 04, 12:47 AM
CapFusion

"Luke Piasecki" wrote in message
CapFusion, please read my post again :-).
I know it works, I have it installed. I'm asking what is a newer version
of
the driver that will work with the card.

Then I do not fully understand your question. The latest nVidia driver
publicly is 61.77.
In OEM / Manufacturer / VAR etc will have like 65.xx series. This is not for
the public.

So, let start again.
You ask what work for FX5900. My answer was 61.77 as the latest version.
Next, you ask what the latest version will work for FX5900. My answer is
61.77 is the latest version will work for FX5900.

I think you should read your own post and my reply to your post.
It seem like "a dog trying to catch it own tail" senerio here.
Or you want me to tell you the unrelease [non public] version to see if
FX5900 [the card] will work or not?
Or you can also try goto Guru3D for ForceWare driver -
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
This site will have like 66.10 for Windows2kXP [BETA].

CapFusion,...

Old September 28th 04, 11:22 AM
JS

"CapFusion" wrote in
:

[...]

I think the Forceware drivers are for motherboards not video cards.
The detonator drivers are for video cards.

Old September 28th 04, 12:43 PM
Kill Bill

"JS" wrote in message
. 1...
"CapFusion" wrote in
:

[...]

Nope, they call those Forceware too.

Old October 4th 04, 10:39 PM
ThE AnArKrIsT

61.77 driver from nVidia should able to work with FX5900 model.

CapFusion,...

All the drivers should work with all TNT/GForce cards. They are unified after
all.
Old October 4th 04, 10:40 PM
ThE AnArKrIsT

In OEM / Manufacturer / VAR etc will have like 65.xx series. This is not for
the public.

So OEM hardware isn't for the public? Who exactly is it for then? The Secret
Society?