Soltek GF4 Ti4200 128MB AGP 8X - Highest I can clock it?

Old December 27th 03, 07:58 PM
evil Homer

Default Soltek GF4 Ti4200 128MB AGP 8X - Highest I can clock it?

Just done a total system upgrade in the last couple of weeks, new board,
processor, ram and now a newer gfx card.

I've clocked my Nforce2 board up quite high now, along with my 2400+.

Now I'm looking at the gfx card.

Can anyone tell me whats the safest possible settings I can get out of my
Soltek Ti4200? Got it running at 280/550 at the moment, (Default was
250/500). Very stable at this point.

How high can I (safely) go with this card?

Cheers

Homer

Old December 27th 03, 09:25 PM
Jeroen!

evil Homer wrote:
Just done a total system upgrade in the last couple of weeks, new board,
processor, ram and now a newer gfx card.

I've clocked my Nforce2 board up quite high now, along with my 2400+.

Now I'm looking at the gfx card.

Can anyone tell me whats the safest possible settings I can get out of my
Soltek Ti4200? Got it running at 280/550 at the moment, (Default was
250/500). Very stable at this point.

How high can I (safely) go with this card?

Cheers

Homer

The max here with same card (Leadtek) is 305/620, higher, then the
trouble starts.
Now it run's at 290/600 about 1/2 a year, without any probs.
The Leadtek cards have a very good default cooling, don't know the Solteks.

--
Groeten Jeroen!

-Correct me, if I'm wrong-

Old December 27th 03, 10:49 PM
Bruce Tyler

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:58:33 GMT, "evil Homer"
wrote:

Just done a total system upgrade in the last couple of weeks, new board,
processor, ram and now a newer gfx card.

I've clocked my Nforce2 board up quite high now, along with my 2400+.

Now I'm looking at the gfx card.

Can anyone tell me whats the safest possible settings I can get out of my
Soltek Ti4200? Got it running at 280/550 at the moment, (Default was
250/500). Very stable at this point.

How high can I (safely) go with this card?

Cheers

Homer

You should try to overclock (only if you have the nerve) until you
start to get symptoms of bad behaviour...
Go up in increments of 5 on each scale, from your present setting, and
when you start to get ill behaviour, back off a few steps and call it
quits there. I would guess that you should be able to get over 300/600
with that card BUT = Don't take my word. This is an exercise in
"your" nerves, not mine...

You should run a game that demands a lot from your system, to really
test it out. Run it for about 5 minutes each time, while you pass
judgement on your card at that speed...

Be careful though. Symptoms could include..
White lines developing in your images - looking like a cracked mirror.
Graphics tearing - Images look like they are comming apart at the
seams..
Jumping - Images start to bounce around indicating instability.
Lockups - Self explanatory..
Rebooting - You guess..!!!
Funny smell - Overheating - The last warning before impending
self-destruct.

Any one of these (and/or more symptoms) and you should immediately
back off a few increments as you have found your limit...
Old December 28th 03, 12:00 AM
evil Homer

"Bruce Tyler" wrote in message You should try to overclock
[...]

Well, I've managed to get to 285/585 before encountering problems, so I
think this is the max this card is going to reach. Started to get tearing
and artifacts across screen, and any higher than that caused a system
lockup.