Which card to upgrade to?

Old October 19th 03, 08:34 PM
Psycho

Default Which card to upgrade to?

Hey all, I have a Hercules 3D Prophet II 64 GTS(geforce2) and I would like
to be able to play games at 1024x768 with a bit more of the details up. I'm
not willing to pay more tha $100 at newegg.com. I don't need a crazy video
card or anything, just something that will have a dvi output for my sony x73
lcd monitor. Is geforce FX 5200 good? why are the geforce4 better? for
some reason, with my current card, I can't get a higher dvi resolution than
1024x768. In need of a good upgrade and boost in game speed. Thanks! =)

My system:
Abit KT7A
Athlon XP 1700+
256mb 133sdram

Old October 19th 03, 11:57 PM
Del

"Psycho" wrote in message
Hey all, I have a Hercules 3D Prophet II 64 GTS(geforce2) and I would like
to be able to play games at 1024x768 with a bit more of the details up.

I'm
not willing to pay more tha $100 at newegg.com. I don't need a crazy

video
card or anything, just something that will have a dvi output for my sony

x73
lcd monitor. Is geforce FX 5200 good? why are the geforce4 better? for
some reason, with my current card, I can't get a higher dvi resolution

than
1024x768. In need of a good upgrade and boost in game speed. Thanks! =)

My system:
Abit KT7A
Athlon XP 1700+
256mb 133sdram

i suppose it all depends on how much money you want to spend I am happy with
my Leadtek G4 Ti4200 which at the moment is "cheap as chips" have a look at
the benchmarks comparison at Tom Pabst's site
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/..._guide-12.html but
consider also that your Athlon is on the slow end of the scale so you may be
better selling it and upgrading there first and see how much you have left
to upgrade yr video afterwards
Derek

---

Old October 20th 03, 06:49 AM
Psycho

Thanks for the link, now I know I need to shell out more than a hundred
bucks..lol I might just buy a new mobo/cpu/ram/video card..can't just do
one of them ya know.

Henri

"Del" wrote in message

"Psycho" wrote in message
Hey all, I have a Hercules 3D Prophet II 64 GTS(geforce2) and I would

like
to be able to play games at 1024x768 with a bit more of the details up.

I'm
not willing to pay more tha $100 at newegg.com. I don't need a crazy

video
card or anything, just something that will have a dvi output for my sony

x73
lcd monitor. Is geforce FX 5200 good? why are the geforce4 better? for
some reason, with my current card, I can't get a higher dvi resolution

than
1024x768. In need of a good upgrade and boost in game speed. Thanks!

=)

Old October 20th 03, 08:58 AM
Darthy

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:34:09 GMT, "Psycho" wrote:

Hey all, I have a Hercules 3D Prophet II 64 GTS(geforce2) and I would like
to be able to play games at 1024x768 with a bit more of the details up. I'm
not willing to pay more tha $100 at newegg.com. I don't need a crazy video
card or anything, just something that will have a dvi output for my sony x73
lcd monitor. Is geforce FX 5200 good? why are the geforce4 better? for
some reason, with my current card, I can't get a higher dvi resolution than
1024x768. In need of a good upgrade and boost in game speed. Thanks! =)

My system:
Abit KT7A
Athlon XP 1700+
256mb 133sdram

I saw your other post...

You;re not a hard core gamer... you don't need to shell out more than
$100... Buy the MSI-Ti4200-64mb version for $75.00~80 delivered from
a dealer on www.pricewatch.com

It'll run quite good on your system... Most likely, you can upgrade
your CPU to an AMD 2600 for $80~90... later.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!