Farcry patch 1.2 released.

Old July 22nd 04, 03:56 PM
Andrew

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:53:41 GMT, JB wrote:

Just went to the ubisoft site, no patch V1.2

You didn't look very hard:
http://farcry.ubi.com/patches.php
Old July 22nd 04, 09:13 PM
Ben Pope

Villain wrote:
This is what I use for "quicksave". I hope I'm not stating the
bleeding obvious here

1. Hit the "~" key to bring down the console.
2. Type in (without the quotes) " \save_game ". DO NOT PRESS
"ENTER" YET!
3. Hold down the SHIFT key and press the HOME key.
4. Hold down the CONTROL key and press the "C" key.
5. Now press ENTER.
6. Now when you need to "quick save" just press the ~ key and
hold down CONTROL and press the "V" key, then release both keys and
press ENTER.

It's a kludge, I know, but beats nothing.

Hehe, "quick save" :-p

Not tried it, but does the console not support just hitting the up key to
get command history? That would save you a simultaneous keypress, whilst
also keeping your hands in more convenient places. I reckon it would be at
least 20% quicker :-p

OK, just tried it, it should work.

However (might as well read this before trying it):

Find game.cfg and append:
Input:BindCommandToKey("\\save_game","F5",1);
Input:BindCommandToKey("\\load_game","F8",1);

And then you can use F5 to save and F8 to load.

Only problem is that the file gets overwritten, so it only works the first
time you load it after editing the file...

I also tried:
Far Cry\Profiles\player\test_game.cfg (assuming a profile called
"test_game")

Which also gets overwritten.

These files do not get overwritten:
Far Cry\Profiles\player\default_game.cfg
Far Cry\Profiles\player\default\game.cfg
Far Cry\Profiles\defaults\english\game.cfg

But I assume the player profile is applied after any of those, and hence the
first command:
Input:ResetAllBindings();

Screws you over.

Anybody know how to set custom key bindings or get it to retain the
settings?

I suppose you could always set up a script that copies your custom bindings
file in and then launches Far Cry.

something like Far Cry\launch.bat:

xcopy /R/Y custom.cfg game.cfg
Bin32\FarCry.exe

....you get the idea. You could replace your desktop (and start menu ) icons
for far cry with shortcuts to the launch.bat and even give it the right
icon!

OK, just spent half an hour on this to save you 4 seconds in saving a game -
you'd best be happy and need to save at least 500 times before the end of
the game! (quite likely on hard!)

Ben

Old July 23rd 04, 12:08 AM
Mike P

Enable cheats then edit the "Devmode.lua" file (can't remember the full
name). That will save the file settings including any other changes you
make, and you don't have to cheat. Got that from a good tweak site thats
been posted here a few times I think:

http://www.tweakguides.com/Farcry_9.html

The whole article is well worth reading for this game.

cheers,
Mike

Old July 23rd 04, 12:41 AM
Almeyda

mine detects at medium, and i know if i had ur cpu and ram it prob
wouldnt??? u need a faster card.

--
Almeyda

AMD2500XP @ 3200XP 11X200 2.21Ghz (waiting for Corsair 512 XMS3700 for xtra
Ram speed & Possible xtra FSB )
ThermalTake Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
ASUS-A7N8X-E Deluxe
Kingmax 2X256MB Tiny BGA PC2700 DualChannel @166mhz 5/6
HIS Excalibur 9800XT 256mb @463/399 (Omegas 2.5.51 & ATI tool 0.20 No
Artifacts)
1x80GB SATA Seagate 8mg cache
2x40GB ATA Seagate
SB AudigyES
ANTEC SuperLanboy 350 Case (350W SmartBlue PS)
ThermalTake Hardcano 10 (Modded - All bits attached to 5.25" case face
plate - way better looking)

"Matt" wrote in message

"Inglo" wrote in
message .. .
On 7/21/2004 10:28 AM Mike brightened our day with:

My point here is, I'm assuming they're actually referring to a PR 3000
Athlon, I just effin' hate the fact that FarCry labels my machine
"medium", I know it's not bleeding edge but it's better than "medium".

I have a Athlon64 3500+ with a 9500 Pro and 2 gigs of memory and the
auto detect on Far Cry selected medium for my system. Now I'm not sure
if it simply puts every system at medium, but I was still a bit
disappointed that it put my new system there.

Old July 23rd 04, 01:58 AM
RonK

How did you overclock your 2500 to3200 ?
Did you increase the cpu voltage as well.
Let me know - I want to overclock my 2500+.

Asus A7V8X
AMD 2500XP
1 gig pc2700
Radeon 9800 Pro 128 meg
2 sata maxtor 120 gig 8 meg in a Raid0 with 4 partitions.(Games partiton is
the first one)
420 watt power supply - Sparkle

Old July 23rd 04, 05:25 AM
Almeyda

RonK i overclocked only using the fsb going from 166 to 200, no voltage
increase, runs very stable and quite cool with my thermaltake, im of the
opinion that it still runs fine with standard amd heatsink&fan. Because of
my ram being pc2700 i used the asus bios config to divide the frequency
(5/6) for ram so that it isnt overclocked cause that cause some issues only
with sound mainly, but for best performance PC3200 is the key. the xp2500
will even go further but probably needing a better cooling solution than
standard and ram, so im waiting to get some corsair xms3700 to further the
fsb.
cause of your ram speed ur in the same boat as me, im not sure if your mobo
supports the fsb divider for ram, and ive heard that its not the greatest
option to take, but im happy for the time being and benchmarks and gaming is
what i expected im very happy with the configuration..

Old July 23rd 04, 02:48 PM
Mike P

Running the ram at a different speed than the cpu causes performance killing
'wait states'. You're probably better off runing the fsb as high as you can
and jumping the multiplier if it isn't locked. The nf2 boards have the agp
and pci ports clock locked so running an odd fsb is ok.

Mike

Old July 23rd 04, 03:14 PM
Aki Peltola

"Mike P" wrote
Running the ram at a different speed than the cpu causes
performance killing 'wait states'.

This is what everyone is telling me too, but why do I get better
RAM benchmark scores when running at 133/166, then?

Old July 23rd 04, 06:18 PM
Matt

"Almeyda" wrote in message
mine detects at medium, and i know if i had ur cpu and ram it prob
wouldnt??? u need a faster card.

well don't get me wrong... I can put it up to high on 1024X768 and it
works just fine, it just won't auto detect it at high. Unfortunately I
spent all my money on the new system so a better card will have to wait
a while. Hopefully the X800s will bring down the 9800Pros a bit.

Old July 23rd 04, 10:37 PM
Inglo

JB wrote:
Mike wrote:

Yes guys its been released at last!

Just went to the ubisoft site, no patch V1.2

Patch was recalled for being fubared.

--
Steve [Inglo]

writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 08:57 AM
FarCry Patch 1.2 and Radeon Performance ranger Ati Videocards 1 July 6th 04 08:57 AM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
Anyone released ATI radeon Optimisation patch for X2 The threat ?? We Live For The One We Die For The One Ati Videocards 0 January 27th 04 07:58 PM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM