60Hz in Vice City?

Old July 24th 04, 11:55 AM
Humga

Default 60Hz in Vice City?

Hi all,

I have the Radeon 9800 Pro and whilst all my games run at their maximum
monitor frequency (75Hz LCD TFT) I can't get GTA Vice City to run about
60Hz.

Any suggestions on what I can do to correct the problem?

I run VC at 1280x1024@32.

Old July 24th 04, 03:02 PM
Brian Dickens

Humga wrote:

I have the Radeon 9800 Pro and whilst all my games run at their
maximum monitor frequency (75Hz LCD TFT) I can't get GTA Vice City to
run about 60Hz.

There is no real need to run anything at more than 60hz on a LCD screen.
It's not like a CRT where a higher refreshrate is better for your eyes.

=- Brian Dickens, the Netherlands

Old July 24th 04, 07:35 PM
Humga

"Brian Dickens" wrote
in message ...

There is no real need to run anything at more than 60hz on a LCD screen.
It's not like a CRT where a higher refreshrate is better for your eyes.

True. But if I can run all my games at 75Hz then I don't see why I can't on
this game. Also I have very sensitive eyes. I can just see the difference
between 60 and 75Hz especially when there are many things moving on the
screen. Although I can't see flashes on an LCD I can see the jazziness of
the movements, basically between it updates slower on the screen.

Old July 24th 04, 09:16 PM
Sham B

True. But if I can run all my games at 75Hz then I don't see why I
can't on this game. Also I have very sensitive eyes. I can just see
the difference between 60 and 75Hz especially when there are many
things moving on the screen. Although I can't see flashes on an LCD I
can see the jazziness of the movements, basically between it updates
slower on the screen.

Yeah, some people have become aclimatised to refesh rates. It probably means you need to stop
playing computer games so much

But anyway, try this...

right click on desktop.

Settings Advanced

Display tab.

click Monitor button

In Monitor attributes, uncheck use DDC information

If that doesnt fix it, use Multires to force the desired Hz for your resolution.

HTH

Old July 24th 04, 10:08 PM
Humga

"Sham B" wrote in message
.net...
But anyway, try this...

right click on desktop.

Settings Advanced

Display tab.

click Monitor button

In Monitor attributes, uncheck use DDC information

Thanks for attempting to help

But I cannot find anything but "Hide modes that this computer cannot
display". :/

Old July 25th 04, 03:48 PM
Blahguy

"Humga" wrote in message

"Sham B" wrote in message
.net...
But anyway, try this...

right click on desktop.

Settings Advanced

Display tab.

click Monitor button

In Monitor attributes, uncheck use DDC information

Thanks for attempting to help

But I cannot find anything but "Hide modes that this computer cannot
display". :/

He means Display not Monitor, you don't say what OS you are using.

Old July 25th 04, 04:24 PM
Humga

"Blahguy" wrote in message

He means Display not Monitor, you don't say what OS you are using.

Windows XP Pro. Thanks.

Old July 25th 04, 05:10 PM
Sham B

yeah, you went to the monitor tab, whereas I said displays. force of habit

I am also unsing XP pro, so its definately there on your rig.

Old July 25th 04, 10:49 PM
Humga

"Sham B" wrote in message
t.net...
yeah, you went to the monitor tab, whereas I said displays. force of

habit

I am also unsing XP pro, so its definately there on your rig.

Don't see it either

Maybe because I have an LCD...?