Farcry patch 1.2 released.

Old July 21st 04, 06:28 PM
Mike

Default Farcry patch 1.2 released.

Yes guys its been released at last!
Old July 21st 04, 06:35 PM
Dodgy

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:28:56 GMT, Mike
waffled on about something:

Yes guys its been released at last!

/me faints
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES
Old July 21st 04, 07:00 PM
Shawk

"Dodgy" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:28:56 GMT, Mike
waffled on about something:

Yes guys its been released at last!

/me faints
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Didnt believe ya till I looked (only checked an hour or two ago and nada).
Thanks Mike.

People already moaning about bugs in the Ubi Forums I see. Shaun

Old July 21st 04, 07:03 PM
Dodgy

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:00:00 +0100, "Shawk"
waffled on about something:

"Dodgy" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:28:56 GMT, Mike
waffled on about something:

Yes guys its been released at last!

/me faints
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Didnt believe ya till I looked (only checked an hour or two ago and nada).
Thanks Mike.

People already moaning about bugs in the Ubi Forums I see. Shaun

I wasted all my rockets on a bloody big monster the other night
(1.1)... I crept closer and closer so I could throw a grenade,
expecting any time he would rip my arms off, only to find I could
actually walk right up to him safely. He was dead, but standing...
Grrrr! I could have done with those rockets 2 minutes later!

D0d6y.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Old July 21st 04, 07:22 PM
Mike

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:00:00 +0100, "Shawk" wrote:

"Dodgy" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:28:56 GMT, Mike
waffled on about something:

Yes guys its been released at last!

/me faints
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Didnt believe ya till I looked (only checked an hour or two ago and nada).
Thanks Mike.

People already moaning about bugs in the Ubi Forums I see. Shaun

Well... I'm already regretting installing it. :-((( Appears to work to some
degree if I start again from the start and then will lockup. I cannot load any
of my current levels... it locks or drops me back to the desktop. Not good,
especially as I stupidly did'nt copy the game directory, and whats worse is the
1.1 wont now re-install... thowing up an error in the process of installation.
:-(((((((((((( Not a happy bunny!

So word to the wise. Backup your 1.1 installation before installing this
patch!

Mike
Old July 21st 04, 07:44 PM
Shawk

wrote:

Well... I'm already regretting installing it. :-((( Appears to work to

some
degree if I start again from the start and then will lockup. I cannot load

any
of my current levels... it locks or drops me back to the desktop. Not

good,
especially as I stupidly did'nt copy the game directory, and whats worse

is the
1.1 wont now re-install... thowing up an error in the process of

installation.
:-(((((((((((( Not a happy bunny!

So word to the wise. Backup your 1.1 installation before installing this
patch!

Mike

I guess setting an XP restore point would do it? Any problems just roll
back to pre-install? Ta, Shaun

Old July 21st 04, 07:51 PM
Mike

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:44:10 +0100, "Shawk" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Well... I'm already regretting installing it. :-((( Appears to work to

some
degree if I start again from the start and then will lockup. I cannot load

any
of my current levels... it locks or drops me back to the desktop. Not

good,
especially as I stupidly did'nt copy the game directory, and whats worse

is the
1.1 wont now re-install... thowing up an error in the process of

installation.
:-(((((((((((( Not a happy bunny!

So word to the wise. Backup your 1.1 installation before installing this
patch!

Mike

I guess setting an XP restore point would do it? Any problems just roll
back to pre-install? Ta, Shaun

Easiest way is just to copy the game directory elsewhere until your've tested
the 1.2 patch. Assuming you have a bit of hard0drive space of course.

Setting a restore point in XP may not necessarily do the trick.

Mike
Old July 21st 04, 08:32 PM
Aki Peltola

"Mike" wrote
Easiest way is just to copy the game directory elsewhere until your've

tested
the 1.2 patch. Assuming you have a bit of hard0drive space of course.
Setting a restore point in XP may not necessarily do the trick.

Sometimes patches tend to make some registry changes,
so just copying old files back won't necessarily work and
will screw up things even more. But I guess it's quite rare.

Old July 21st 04, 08:59 PM
Shawk

"Aki Peltola" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote
Easiest way is just to copy the game directory elsewhere until your've

tested
the 1.2 patch. Assuming you have a bit of hard0drive space of course.
Setting a restore point in XP may not necessarily do the trick.

Sometimes patches tend to make some registry changes,
so just copying old files back won't necessarily work and
will screw up things even more. But I guess it's quite rare.

So far so good. Played through two levels from existing save games and
everythings fine - a little smoother but no great difference. Hoping
they've fixed the sound problem - OK so far. Shaun

writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 09:57 AM
FarCry Patch 1.2 and Radeon Performance ranger Ati Videocards 1 July 6th 04 08:57 AM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
Anyone released ATI radeon Optimisation patch for X2 The threat ?? We Live For The One We Die For The One Ati Videocards 0 January 27th 04 08:58 PM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM