Just converted from the Nvidia camp but have a few minor bugs with my Radeon 9600PRO

Old October 20th 03, 02:11 PM
Simon Bussey

Default Just converted from the Nvidia camp but have a few minor bugs with my Radeon 9600PRO

I there,

I've been a long term Nvidia card user and never had any problems.. It came
time once again to upgrade my card and looking at the market place the
radeon 9600Pro seemed to be the best card for me at the price! Its installed
and i'm quite happy with the performance but have a few minor problems that
I would like solved.. hopefully these are common problems you guys know how
to solve!

1) The biggest problem.. sometimes the card seems to just turn off! Like its
going into standby.. the monitor powers down but I have to reset the
computer to get it working again.. this results is losing everything i'm
doing on the computer at the time.. does it every few days or so.. one time
while watching a film.. another while in a game and another just using word!
Anyone got any ideas?

2) I have a Hauppauge WinTV card.. it works ok full screen but if I try to
watch in a window it cuts some of the picture off (mostly the bottom). Also
the image comes through 'wavey' sometimes and have to restart the computer
to fix it.

3)I've heard great stories of how well this card can overlcock.. but if i
set the core at anything more than 430MHz the VPU thing crashes and the card
restarts back at 400MHz.

I did a complete reinstall with the new card and all latest drivers for
everyhting (cat 3.8) but didn't make any difference.

Thanks!!
Simon
to reply via email remove SPAMMY

specs
ABIT KT7A
Athlon 2400+
Saphire Radeon 9600PRO

Old October 20th 03, 04:17 PM
Dave M

try the 3.7 drivers.
for the hauppauge make sure that you have your primary (
srtart-programs-hauppauge-primary) set to allow overlay or allow vmr. either
works for me.