P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 11th 06, 02:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging

Hello All ---

I am doing a clean install of Windows XP on ASUS P4C800 Deluxe on a
new Seagate 300gb SATA HD. I am loading the SATA drivers by pressing
F6 and using a floppy with the drivers. All of the files are copied
and Windows reboots to start the install. Once rebooted, Windows
hangs at the screen with the WinXP logo / blue animated bar. I have
left it on the screen for several hours and it never progresses. I
have disabled all onboard devices all to no avail and I have even
swapped out memory sticks with no luck. I have also updated to the
the latest bios.

One additional note. I have unplugged everything from the mobo except
the video card and HD and still the same issue persists.

I am out of ideas and desperate to get it sorted out, so any ideas or
suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.