HELP: Have I Bought a Dud Mouse?

Old August 9th 04, 04:08 AM
Clinton James

Default HELP: Have I Bought a Dud Mouse?

I bought a mouse yesterday. It's tiny, optical and wireless.

I took it home, threw it into my desktop (The USB RF adaptor) and my
PC said that new hardward had been found, so I let it do its magic to
install.

It went without a hitch.. ok, The batteries were in the mouse, had
that red light going. The instructions said to press a reset button on
the top of the USB adaptor and also a button on the bottom of the
mouse.. I did.

regardless, I get no movement of the mouse pointer on my screen.

I did the same with my laptop and teh same mouse, and I also get no
movement.

Is there some neat trick I am meant to eb doing or after Windows XP
does its installing, should it work immediately? Have a I bought a dud
product?

Thanks for your help

Regards,
Clint

Gemstar GuidePlus 'Disappearing Mouse Pointer' FIX that SEEMS to work.... I discuss Ati Videocards 3 June 12th 04 02:54 AM
mouse detection problem Andreas Bernsel General 1 March 10th 04 12:37 PM
Strange mouse Michel General Hardware 0 January 27th 04 09:34 PM
optical mouse dpi problems \(\) |V| 3 G /-\\ Homebuilt PC's 5 November 16th 03 10:46 PM
Mouse doesn't move byteryder General 3 July 5th 03 11:54 PM