Error code 720

Old March 2nd 09, 11:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Trekman

Default Error code 720

My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
maternity leave for one more month).
Old March 2nd 09, 12:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"Trekman" wrote in message
My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
maternity leave for one more month).

From this distance, I'd just have her uninstall and reinstall the VZ access
manager and modem driver from her CD.

Better still, send her this link to the UM 175 page (which has instructions
for doing so but also the latest software and driver):

http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=3926

Old March 2nd 09, 12:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 03:55:45 -0800 (PST), Trekman
wrote:

My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
maternity leave for one more month).

Sounds like you're right tho I don't have/never had this modem.
Assuming it was working good until recently, can she just use a
restore point to go backward to just before it happened? Otherwise,
may need to tweak the connection settings. What OS is she using?
Old March 2nd 09, 01:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"Trekman" wrote in message
My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
maternity leave for one more month).

From this distance, I'd just have her uninstall and reinstall the VZ
access manager and modem driver from her CD.

Better still, send her this link to the UM 175 page (which has
instructions for doing so but also the latest software and driver):

http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=3926

Additionally, you might want to read this thread from back in April of last
year as an FYI. It's a considerably involved resolution. You might note
the date of this thread and also the version(s) of the VZaccess manager on
her CD.............versus what is currently available for download on the
website, as there may be a "fix" if the website software version is newer:

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/m...hread.i d=398

Old March 2nd 09, 02:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Trekman

wrote:

My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. *Any
experience to share on this one? *She is getting frustrated (home on
maternity leave for one more month).

Sounds like you're right tho I don't have/never had this modem.
Assuming it was working good until recently, can she just use a
restore point to go backward to just before it happened? * Otherwise,
may need to tweak the connection settings. *What OS is she using?

She is using Vista. I will pass along several of the suggestions - not
sure what the help techs have already run her through, but I know she
mentioned getting into regedit.
Old March 2nd 09, 04:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Tell her to back the registry up before she messes with that just in
case. I realize her registry isn't perfect now but she may mess it up
more so that's the reason for the backup.
Old March 2nd 09, 11:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

are you talking about an evdo modem? if so, then i suggest that you remove
it, reboot the system, and then stick it into another usb port...

Old March 3rd 09, 11:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Trekman

"Trekman" wrote in message

My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. *Any
experience to share on this one? *She is getting frustrated (home on
maternity leave for one more month).

Had to look back at Verizon website and found this:
Ultra compact, light and easy to use, the UM175 USB Modem provides
high–speed access on our 1x/EV–DO network via VZ Access Manager™.
So, I guess it is an "evdo" modem. I will pass along the reboot and
replug suggestion. Thanks ...
Old March 3rd 09, 11:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

If it is new, I suspect it is an integrated EVDO.

Posted At: Monday, March 02, 2009 5:51 PM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Error code 720
Subject: Error code 720

"Trekman" wrote in message
My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe

3
months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code

720"
which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other.

Any
experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
maternity leave for one more month).

error code 008 v2brothers Homebuilt PC's 1 November 13th 07 01:01 PM
Help with old HP-IIp error code 12 please... Burner_00 Printers 0 February 2nd 05 02:45 AM
"Code 10" Error Harvey Gratt Dell Computers 5 January 16th 04 05:02 PM
HP Error Code LJ Printers 0 July 26th 03 01:41 AM
IDE Code 12 Error C. Palestrina General 0 July 15th 03 07:20 PM