Composite video TV out problem with Sapphire Radeon 4870

Old November 13th 09, 10:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gary

Default Composite video TV out problem with Sapphire Radeon 4870

Just installed this card and with both the initial version of Catalyst and
the latest version (9.10).

Unfortunately there's no cloning option of the main display onto the TV, the
only option is to drag the 'disabled TV monitor' icon to the "Main" box,
this brings up a "swap devices" option. Clicking on this results in TV out
(with no TV overlay/Theatre mode) but the main monitor is blank.

I tried switching the main VGA monitor to 1024x768 and lower, with various
refresh rates, the result was the same.

When the TV monitor is shown in the "Attached displays currently disabled"
box, right-clicking on it gives no options at all.

This has me totally baffled, as this is completely different to what I was
expecting after years of use of the Radeon 9500. With that, the TV output
provided a 'windowed' section of the desktop and full screen in Theatre
mode.

I'm hoping someone can tell me where I'm going wrong...

TIA,
Gary

Old November 15th 09, 11:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gary

No suggestions? Doesn't anyone else use composite video output anymore?

One key issue is why, in Displays Manager, there's no right-click options
for the disabled TV monitor display - any ideas why?

Would I be better off trying an older version of Catalyst and if so, which
one?

TIA,
Gary

Old November 15th 09, 12:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gary

Resolved by using the second DVI port for the main VGA monitor, a shame this
info isn't shown in the context menu...