HP1120C problem

Old February 2nd 04, 01:10 AM
Zack McCloud

Default HP1120C problem

I've tried posting this before. If you saw and responded previously please
accept my apologies, I've changed servers.

My problem is my 1120C, after many years of service and an OS change (to
win2Kpro) no longer handles large files like multiple page corelfiles or
multiple page pdf files.

What happens is it stops feeding the paper through and the yellow light
starts blinking. Sometimes it kicks up a message that implies I'm using an
unsupported print feature.

Is it just too old or is there a memory fix in my system I can do? I have
increased the memory, not decreased it as might be indicated. I could use a
lot more RAM than I have but my virtual memory has access to about 45GB if
it can find and use it.

Please help if you can!

Thanks,

Nick Coffey

Old February 3rd 04, 02:02 PM
Walt

What version driver are you using??? Possibly, v11.6 ??

What does running the Toolbox, and clicking on "troubleshooting"
tell you?

What does the Status Monitor tell you?

Have you ever cleaned your printer? Even more important, have you
ever cleaned the excess ink spittoon?

Old February 4th 04, 08:13 PM
Greetings!

Version is 11.8
troubleshooting get me nowhere .. the problem isn't addressed specifically.
If its a memory problem there are some suggested fixes. Do you think this
is it?

Where is the status monitor? If it pops up, I'm told I'm trying to use an
unsupported feature (some of the time)

I cleaned the clear ribbon, the rollers, the connectors under the print
cartridges and I used a popsickle stick to clean out the excess ink
reservoir. I cleaned about everything I could find to clean in there. I
used DI water for most of it and *cautiously* used a little IP alcohol on
the metal rollers which were a bit encrusted.

Memory or spooler problems? Spooler issues are only addressed for OS
win95/98

Zack McCloud wrote:

My problem is my 1120C, after many years of service and an OS change (to
win2Kpro) no longer handles large files like multiple page corelfiles or
multiple page pdf files.

What happens is it stops feeding the paper through and the yellow light
starts blinking. Sometimes it kicks up a message that implies I'm using

an
unsupported print feature.

---

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 06:45 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Directx Problem Solved Me Nvidia Videocards 1 August 23rd 03 06:32 AM