!! Call Of Duty: United Offensive on PIII 450 mhz and Geforce FX5200 !! :)

Old September 22nd 04, 12:29 AM
Skybuck Flying

Dudes you're ****ing crazy.

I played the exact same game on an AMD 2600+ and RADEON 9000.

When I play the game on PIII 450 mhz and Geforce FX5200 I can hardly tell
the difference.

Most of the time... it's the exact same experience. Only rarely does it slow
down...

I just played a bit and the only times it's a bit slow is after loading the
level and when shell shock happens for the first time.

After that it plays really well... I constantly look at the frame rate and
most of the time it's between 15 and 24 frames per second.

I'll bet you 10 bucks you can't tell the difference between 24 FPS and 60
FPS :P =D

Old September 22nd 04, 08:55 AM
Spack

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Dudes you're ****ing crazy.

I played the exact same game on an AMD 2600+ and RADEON 9000.

When I play the game on PIII 450 mhz and Geforce FX5200 I can hardly tell
the difference.

Most of the time... it's the exact same experience. Only rarely does it

slow
down...

I just played a bit and the only times it's a bit slow is after loading

the
level and when shell shock happens for the first time.

After that it plays really well... I constantly look at the frame rate and
most of the time it's between 15 and 24 frames per second.

I'll bet you 10 bucks you can't tell the difference between 24 FPS and 60
FPS :P =D

I can when 24FPS looks like a smear and 60FPS is clear as crystal running
FSAA and Aniso.

It's a feeling too - low FPS tends to feel like it's dragging, and response
feels slow. I spent ages messing with Far Cry because at 25FPS it felt
wrong, there was a perceptible "lag" to the action. When I tweaked the
settings to run at around 45FPS with still very good visual quality it felt
quick and responsive.

BTW, your comparison is badly flawed. The Radeon 9000 isn't much better than
an FX5200. If you want to see the difference when playing these games you
really need to see them on a card that actually show you the difference.

Dan

Old September 22nd 04, 01:26 PM
John

Oh, please tell

"ec" wrote in message news:X8M3d.331474$sh.68086@fed1read06...

"John" wrote in message

Ok its not top of the line stuff but I think hes just trying to tell
people
with older coumputers that it will run at an acceptable frame rate in

low
detail.

No need to bite the guys head off!

You don't know his history.

Old September 22nd 04, 08:40 PM
Skybuck Flying

"robin.gordon1" wrote in message
where the hell did you get it. all my local shops etc.. tell me it hasn't
been released yet and wont be until the end of October. HHmmmm

Lol, what an unholy question man ! wise up

Robin

Old September 22nd 04, 08:44 PM
Skybuck Flying

"Spack" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Duh... good point... both computers will have same visual settings !

It's a feeling too - low FPS tends to feel like it's dragging, and

response
feels slow. I spent ages messing with Far Cry because at 25FPS it felt
wrong, there was a perceptible "lag" to the action. When I tweaked the
settings to run at around 45FPS with still very good visual quality it

felt
quick and responsive.

BTW, your comparison is badly flawed. The Radeon 9000 isn't much better

than
an FX5200. If you want to see the difference when playing these games you

Exactly... that's the whole point of the comparision... to show that a slow
CPU is good enough to play this game

The graphic cards are nearly the same performance wise

Old September 22nd 04, 09:06 PM
Skybuck Flying

Oh yeah one more thing to report for historical reasons =D

I defragged my harddrive =D

The loading still goes pretty... it does go a bit faster... but still much
slower than on AMD 2600+

So my second guess is that decompressing the zip files (pk3's) requires
lot's of CPU

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 22nd 04, 09:10 PM
Skybuck Flying

"ec" wrote in message news:%It3d.318429$sh.42122@fed1read06...
No one gives a ****. 15fps in a first person shooter btw is NOT

acceptable.
Your systems is crap and can't play any modern games with a damn.

Eh... one more thing in case you haven't noticed

I don't give a ****... that you don't give a **** =D

Old September 23rd 04, 09:36 AM
Spack

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

BTW, your comparison is badly flawed. The Radeon 9000 isn't much better

than
an FX5200. If you want to see the difference when playing these games

you

Exactly... that's the whole point of the comparision... to show that a

slow
CPU is good enough to play this game

The graphic cards are nearly the same performance wise

No, your comparison merely shows that a slow card will hold back a fast
processor.

Dan

Old September 23rd 04, 11:26 AM
Skybuck Flying

"Spack" wrote in message
. ..
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

BTW, your comparison is badly flawed. The Radeon 9000 isn't much

better
than
an FX5200. If you want to see the difference when playing these games

you

Exactly... that's the whole point of the comparision... to show that a

slow
CPU is good enough to play this game

The graphic cards are nearly the same performance wise

No, your comparison merely shows that a slow card will hold back a fast
processor.

Haha, too funny, the AMD 2600+ CPU is way too fast anyway for any game out
there =D

Skybuck.

Old September 23rd 04, 12:50 PM
Spack

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

"Spack" wrote in message
. ..
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

BTW, your comparison is badly flawed. The Radeon 9000 isn't much

better
than
an FX5200. If you want to see the difference when playing these

games
you

Exactly... that's the whole point of the comparision... to show that a

slow
CPU is good enough to play this game

The graphic cards are nearly the same performance wise

No, your comparison merely shows that a slow card will hold back a fast
processor.

Haha, too funny, the AMD 2600+ CPU is way too fast anyway for any game out
there =D

I never said it wasn't. Do you even bother reading anything anyone writes in
your distorted little world?

Dan