Saving bios on P4PE Problem.

Old December 5th 03, 08:13 PM
gja1

Default Saving bios on P4PE Problem.

I'm trying to use aflash to save and update the bios on a P4PE. Problem
is I get an error message "write failure" When I try to save the old
bios. Info displayed at start is:
Flash Memory :SST 49LF004A
Current bios version :ASUS P4PE ACPI bios revision 1001
Bios Model :P4PE
Bios built date 09/03/02

Manual says bios should read xxx-xx-xxx

What should I enter under old bios?

Old December 5th 03, 11:59 PM
Gray

"gja1" wrote in message
I'm trying to use aflash to save and update the bios on a P4PE. Problem
is I get an error message "write failure" When I try to save the old
bios. Info displayed at start is:
Flash Memory :SST 49LF004A
Current bios version :ASUS P4PE ACPI bios revision 1001
Bios Model :P4PE
Bios built date 09/03/02

Manual says bios should read xxx-xx-xxx

What should I enter under old bios?

Hiya : )

1. Make sure the disk isn't write protected
2. Can't remember exactly how big bios file is but around 400kb or 500kb
space on disk
3. I usualy just save them as.. 1001 or 1002 or P4PE1001 (I have a extra
temp file on my D:\ and copy this file to HD)
4. Never hurts to have a backup copy of the backup.
5.I had some problems with bad floppies so I format a couple with system and
try a boot to make sure they work.
I'm not a expert but I haven't had any problems flashing my or my wifes P4PE
this way. BTW the file on the flash disk is
P4PE1006.AWD (or which ever update you are updateing to) Hope some of this
helps

computer won't power up - BIOS problem? Yup General 16 January 7th 05 05:41 AM
Help with bios problem Rock General 3 February 25th 04 05:19 AM
BIOS Problem John Lettiere Homebuilt PC's 6 February 8th 04 08:40 PM
Terrible experience in updating bios 1008 in P4P800DX: Pl. HELP!! MikeM Asus Motherboards 3 July 1st 03 01:05 AM
A7V333-X new BIOS 1004 Paul Asus Motherboards 4 June 26th 03 12:08 PM