Best memory for OC on A7N8X DLX w/2500+ barton

Old October 25th 03, 11:09 PM
Bitsbucket

Default Best memory for OC on A7N8X DLX w/2500+ barton

I just ordered on of these boards (A7N8X DELUXE) with a 2500+ Barton, I
already have some Kingston (read SPECTEK P64M6416HHB-6A) w/ AHS40064VMBTW-6A
type chips on the memory board, memory is PC-2700 I want to overclock the
chip and want to make sure I buy the best memory for that. (or use my
current memory if it will work)

Another question, can I run the memory asyncronous to the FSB? on this
board? ( to try and use the current memory and a 200 MHz FSB?)

I want to try and reach the magical goal of 3200+!!! I have read that allot
of folks are reaching this easily, reminds me of the old BX chipset and
celeron 300 that almost always reached 450.
Any and all input on this board and chip combination will be greatly
appreciated!
TIA
Bitsbucket

---

Old October 26th 03, 09:03 AM
Ben Dellar

"Bitsbucket" wrote in message
s.com...
[...]

Yeah u can run the mem at diff spd to FSB u set it as a percentage in Adv
Chipset

Old October 26th 03, 09:21 AM
Ben Pope

Bitsbucket wrote:
I just ordered on of these boards (A7N8X DELUXE) with a 2500+ Barton, I
already have some Kingston (read SPECTEK P64M6416HHB-6A) w/
AHS40064VMBTW-6A type chips on the memory board, memory is PC-2700 I want
to overclock the chip and want to make sure I buy the best memory for
that. (or use my current memory if it will work)

Another question, can I run the memory asyncronous to the FSB? on this
board? ( to try and use the current memory and a 200 MHz FSB?)

You can, but you should see the best performance with it in synch.

The most overclock you are likely to achieve (with a Rev2.0 board) is
~220MHz FSB, so you'll want RAM that can do CAS2 at that sort of speed.
Corsair 3500C2 is rated to 216MHz with CAS2 and should easily manage 220MHz,
3500LL will do it with tighter timings.

I have 3200LL and can do 220MHz 5-2-2-2 at 2.7V

Ben

Old October 27th 03, 10:35 AM
mrbardman

My ram is TwinMos PC2700 CL2, I run this synched with 2500+ at 192, 8-3-3-3,
2.7V. Tried 193 but system locked. Don't know my ram-temp so I don't want to
up the ram-volt any more.

Asus A7N8X-dl rev2. Bios 1007.
Bard.