GA-6BA & Windows XP

Old October 4th 05, 11:48 PM
Peter Huish

Default GA-6BA & Windows XP

I have a system with a GA-6BA motherboard in it. I recently put Windows
XP on the system and since then there have been some system crashes when
using a dialup connection to the internet. The system will work fine
when not connected to the internet and for varying amounts of time when
connected to the internet so my guess is that the problem is hardware
rather than software related.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Are there updates that should
be applied to make the m/b Windows XP compliant?

thanks

pete
Old October 5th 05, 07:07 AM
Gregory Kleverlaan

I'd firstly check the modem and see if there are any driver updates
available from the manufacturers web site. Failing that you may have to get
a new modem. Externals are much more reliable than an internal version.

. ..