pc stopped booting up

Old September 30th 05, 06:38 PM
Eric Smith

Default pc stopped booting up

Can someone help please. My pc has a 7N400 Pro2 mobo fitted and things were
okay until I decided I wanted more ram. I had 2 x 512 sticks in slots 1 and
3, I bought a 1gb stick and tried it in slot 2, it wasn't seen. I made a few
enquiries, and understood that I needed low density ram, so I bought another
1gb stick (low density). I tried it in slot 1 on it's own and the pc booted
and ran ok, so I fitted one 512 in slot 3 with the 1gb still in slot 1 and
the pc booted and ran okay. BUT when I rebooted with the other 512 stick in
slot 2 my pc did not boot up. I removed all the ram and put 1 x 512 in slot
1 and it still did not boot up. Now I have a pc that will not boot up with
any of the sticks of ram I have. Can anyone tell me what has happened and
what I can do to get my pc to boot up.
Thanks Eric

Old October 2nd 05, 04:22 AM
jpsga

"Eric Smith" wrote in message
Can someone help please. My pc has a 7N400 Pro2 mobo fitted and things
were okay until I decided I wanted more ram. I had 2 x 512 sticks in slots
1 and 3, I bought a 1gb stick and tried it in slot 2, it wasn't seen. I
made a few enquiries, and understood that I needed low density ram, so I
bought another 1gb stick (low density). I tried it in slot 1 on it's own
and the pc booted and ran ok, so I fitted one 512 in slot 3 with the 1gb
still in slot 1 and the pc booted and ran okay. BUT when I rebooted with
the other 512 stick in slot 2 my pc did not boot up. I removed all the ram
and put 1 x 512 in slot 1 and it still did not boot up. Now I have a pc
that will not boot up with any of the sticks of ram I have. Can anyone
tell me what has happened and what I can do to get my pc to boot up.
Thanks Eric

It appears to the rule rather than the exception with this series of boards.

Even following the SS and DS rules in the manual, the experience has been
that
it does not work.

You might ask around and find some one that has gotten 3 or 4 slots to work
and see
who made the sticks and what settings they are using.

JPS

Old October 4th 05, 08:36 PM
ScotsLucky

"" wrote:
[...]

Slot 1 and 3 are dual channel that would enable if you use same RAM
model and size, example put 2 of 512MB into 1 and 3 and see if it boot
up - if it working ok then buy other 2 of same 512mb into 2 and 4 that
would add up to 2GB,mixed like 512MB and 1GB can cause problem also
confuse which one to put. I used all same 512MB Ballistix into all
slot in my K8NXP-9. if not then it may one of your stick got faulty
so find out if it faulty then send it back and get replacement.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict62903.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=316491