Flashed ga-k8nf-9 with f7 bios and problems !

Old September 28th 05, 07:13 PM
Nikonja

Default Flashed ga-k8nf-9 with f7 bios and problems !

I just flashed it with new f7 bios from dos and windows won't start, not
normal not safe mod not a new install it yust restarts after it gets to
options in new bios and I just don't know why wont it work ! Anybody had
similar problems ?
First time i flashed my bios from f2 to f4 i did it with that @bios utility
from windows and there was no problems (i did checked the Clear DMI Data
Pool and Clear PnP Data Pool), should I do it again that way ?
Old September 28th 05, 11:17 PM
Jan-Sebastian Winckelmann

Nikonja wrote in
:

I just flashed it with new f7 bios from dos and windows
won't start, not normal not safe mod not a new install it
yust restarts after it gets to loading windows. I did
flashed it back to f4 but there was some new cool options
in new bios and I just don't know why wont it work !
Anybody had similar problems ?

Yes, exactly the same here, no problems with F6. I suspect some
problems with the SATA harddisk: Maxtor 6B300S0 revision
BANC1B70.
Old September 29th 05, 06:53 PM
BillL

"Jan-Sebastian Winckelmann" wrote
in message ...
Nikonja wrote in
:

I just flashed it with new f7 bios from dos and windows
won't start, not normal not safe mod not a new install it
yust restarts after it gets to loading windows. I did
flashed it back to f4 but there was some new cool options
in new bios and I just don't know why wont it work !
Anybody had similar problems ?

Yes, exactly the same here, no problems with F6. I suspect some
problems with the SATA harddisk: Maxtor 6B300S0 revision
BANC1B70.

Recently flashed to the new F9 BIOS for a GA-K8NXP-SLI and had similar
issues but thought it was something to do with Winflash (no floppy drive
connected). Anyhoo had to remove the mobo battery to completely clear the
CMOS but then wouldn't detect the HDD with XP on it. Eventually got it to
work by trying the HDD on a diffrent SATA header (nvidia controller). Not
sure what the cause of the initial problem was but was very worried I'd
screwed everything up.

BillL

Old October 2nd 05, 12:56 PM
RM

"BillL" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Jan-Sebastian Winckelmann"
wrote in message ...
Nikonja wrote in
:

[...]

F7 bios working fine here and with Maxtor SATA HDD, after flashing bios be
sure to 'load default settings' and reboot. If that still doesn't work then
short the clear CMOS jumper or as Bill says remove the battery for a few
minutes (or both at the same time).

Your not missing any cool options, the only real change to F7 is the support
for newer CPUs.

Old October 2nd 05, 01:37 PM
Jan-Sebastian Winckelmann

"RM" wrote in
:

I just flashed it with new f7 bios from dos and windows
won't start, not normal not safe mod not a new install
it yust restarts after it gets to loading windows. I did
flashed it back to f4 but there was some new cool
options in new bios and I just don't know why wont it
work ! Anybody had similar problems ?

Yes, exactly the same here, no problems with F6. I
suspect some problems with the SATA harddisk: Maxtor
6B300S0 revision BANC1B70.

F7 bios working fine here and with Maxtor SATA HDD, after
flashing bios be sure to 'load default settings' and
reboot. If that still doesn't work then short the clear
CMOS jumper or as Bill says remove the battery for a few
minutes (or both at the same time).

I already tried this all, no change. With F7 I even can't
install Windows XP, it just reboots during booting the CD. I
have no need to upgrade to F7 but I would like to know what's
the cause of this problem. As Nikonja has exactly the same
problem I thing there are more users out there with the same
problem.
Old October 2nd 05, 10:50 PM
Nikonja

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 14:37:54 +0200, Jan-Sebastian Winckelmann wrote:

"RM" wrote in
:

[...]

Maby F8 will correct this issues ?
Old October 4th 05, 08:36 PM
ScotsLucky

"" wrote:
I just flashed it with new f7 bios from dos and windows won't
start, not
normal not safe mod not a new install it yust restarts after
it gets to
some new cool
options in new bios and I just don't know why wont it work !
Anybody had
similar problems ?
First time i flashed my bios from f2 to f4 i did it with that
@bios utility
from windows and there was no problems (i did checked the
Clear DMI Data
Pool and Clear PnP Data Pool), should I do it again that way ?

It not great if you flash update BIOS via DOS --- best if you use
@BIOS which is lots easier and it usual work fine when you flash
Update BIOS, either use @BIOS via WIndows or use Q-Flash through Bios
setup section but not through DOS... I usual flash BIOS by using
@BIOS and it lots quicker

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict62798.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=316492