I NEED HELP QUICK WITH GA-8I915P Duo Pro

Old September 17th 05, 05:54 AM
bdonburl

Default I NEED HELP QUICK WITH GA-8I915P Duo Pro

I have already installed Windows Xp Home and my motherboard doesnt
detect anything in IDE2 or IDE3. I believe i need to install the VIA
IDE RAID drivers in windows and i do not know how to do this. I need
simple step by step directions if anyone can help me out, i am
computer illiterate so please explain to which i can easyily follow.

I put the drivers (i think the right ones) need on a floppy like asked
and when booted from cd i pressed F6 at first blue screen, i insterted
floppy and pressed S like it said to. Then did VIA RAID For WINDOWS XP
like supposed to. Then exited out and booted up into windows and ran
the setup.exe and it said it couldnt detect the hardware in order to
proceed with installation, i dont know where i went wrong so i need
anyones help who knows what they are doing.

I have a Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict62184.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=313347

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 05, 05:54 AM
ScotsLucky

"bdonburl" wrote:
I have already installed Windows Xp Home and my motherboard
doesnt detect anything in IDE2 or IDE3. I believe i need to
install the VIA IDE RAID drivers in windows and i do not know
how to do this. I need simple step by step directions if
anyone can help me out, i am computer illiterate so please
explain to which i can easyily follow.

I put the drivers (i think the right ones) need on a floppy
like asked and when booted from cd i pressed F6 at first blue
screen, i insterted floppy and pressed S like it said to. Then
did VIA RAID For WINDOWS XP like supposed to. Then exited out
and booted up into windows and ran the setup.exe and it said
it couldnt detect the hardware in order to proceed with
installation, i dont know where i went wrong so i need anyones
help who knows what they are doing.

I have a Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro

if you use RAID for hard drive then you need copy the file frolm
Gigabyte disc and open then folder SIL 3___ or SIL 3___r and copy to
foppy disc and then format hard drive and then install Windows XP and
insert floppy disc and press F6 quickly and then it begin to install
that how it usual work - only GA-K8NXP-9 or K8NXP-SLI dont need to use
F6 for install as it already detect itself, I own K8NXP-9 without
problems but some of others need to is copy from GBT disc to floppy
disc for setup RAID via press F6.

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 05, 05:55 AM
bdonburl

"ScotsLucky" wrote:
if you use RAID for hard drive then you need copy the file
frolm Gigabyte disc and open then folder SIL 3___ or SIL 3___r
and copy to foppy disc and then format hard drive and then
install Windows XP and insert floppy disc and press F6 quickly
and then it begin to install that how it usual work - only
GA-K8NXP-9 or K8NXP-SLI dont need to use F6 for install as it
already detect itself, I own K8NXP-9 without problems but some
of others need to is copy from GBT disc to floppy disc for
setup RAID via press F6.

I have a GIGABYTE GA-8I915P Duo Pro Motherboard

All my bios is setup properly i believe, according to GIGABYTE anyway.

I boot from XP cd and press F6 at first blue screen and install the
RAID drivers.

Then i proceed with installing windows xp and i install it on my empty
partition.

When it is formatting my hard drive and gets to about 3% a black
screen comes up with an error on it.

Says "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to
prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow thse
steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software
manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000d1 (0x000001FA, 0x00000009, 0x000000000, 0xF76DDA6F)

*** SCSIPORT.SYS - Address F76DDA6F base at F76D9000, DateStamp
3b7d83e4"

I dont have a clue what this means or why it came up, the only
software i installed what the RAID Drivers right before installation
like i was told to, and without that how will i get port IDE2 and 3 to
work.

If anyone has had this or knows how to fix this problem please let me
know, Thanks

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 18th 05, 12:01 PM
Sirius

Ihave a GA-81955X Royal - but it should be more or less similar...

OK! Have you set up a Raid set for your hard disks yet? I assume you
have more than one....

Firstly, you have to enable GIGA RAID (VIA Raid) iunder
"Integrated Peripherals" in the Bios and set the Giga "Raid Function"
to Raid.

Save and re-boot the machine.

Watch the screen while the system is booting. When it gets to the raid
driver (just after it will show "Press CTRL S" or something
similar....

When you're in the raid set up - you'll (probably) have a choice of
Raid 0 (striping) or Raid 1 (duplicating).

WARNING WARNING WARNING

- THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA ON BOTH DRIVES

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Re-boot again and go into the BIOS.

Under "Advanced BIOS Features", Set your "Hard Disk Boot
Priority" to the new raid set. Save and the system will boot again.

Then using your Windows boot CD, re-install Windows as you did before
- Press F6, S, use the floppy, etc.....

IF YOU HAVE ONLY ONE DRIVE

Ignore raid!

Under To enable the IDE Raid ports, you have to enable GIGA (or VIA)
RAID iunder "Integrated Peripherals" in the Bios - set the "GigaRaid
Function" to ATA.

This should enable the drive scan during boot up... It takes a long
time for the scan though....

Again, under "Advanced BIOS Features", Set your "Hard Disk Boot
Priority" to whatever your boot drive is.

Hope this helps....

Sirius

Old September 19th 05, 06:36 AM
bdonburl

"bdonburl" wrote:
[...]

Nevermind guys, i fixed the problem and will explain it later because
right now i am busy.
Old October 5th 05, 02:33 AM
Philjr1

I need to know exactly what you did and what corrected it. I am purchasing
the same Mobo w/3GHz Intel from Tigerdirect.

Thanks,

"bdonburl" wrote in message
news:7_313531_1cb9cac952036c352e401d225854d38b@har dwareforumz.com...
"bdonburl" wrote:
[...]

Quick Restore CD [email protected] Compaq Computers 9 September 18th 04 12:27 PM
Quick format for DVD-RAM Daniel Prince Cdr 1 August 8th 04 07:18 PM
HP 'Quick Sets' SP250 Printers 0 April 6th 04 10:57 PM
oh no I installed Quick Time Giga News User Ati Videocards 4 July 31st 03 09:31 AM
NVIDEA Quick Tweak Icon won't go away permanently -GeForce2 Go [email protected] Nvidia Videocards 0 July 12th 03 04:53 PM