!! Red Alert 3 !! ;) (Part 1: The Sovjets)

Old October 31st 08, 10:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default !! Red Alert 3 !! ;) (Part 1: The Sovjets)

Hello,

For now Red Alert 3 gets 2 out of 5 stars, however it will probably get more
stars when I done with the other campagnes...

I just wanna be sure the others are good too... yeah... since I just
finished the Sovjet Campagne today in one go...

I enjoyed this game... it has new never seen before units... and I enjoyed
the sea battles...

This is the first game where sea battles play a big role... it doesn't sound
like fun... but trust me it was fun using those big sea ships to launch
rockets at the coast lines and even sea ships and such...

and I also like the submarines... and the anti air craft stuff... etc...

All in all this is a pretty good game... and enjoyable..

However one must make sure the graphics are not set to high otherwise the
game will slow down and it will feel slow and laggish and newbie like...

But trust me... once you lower the graphics somewhat to for example all
medium and shadows off... then the game plays real fast and nice tooo...
Unless you have ofcourse maybe new more powerfull graphics cards than 7900
GTX (I played at 1920x1200) Though the game seems to like just fine at
1024x786 but then I had some black bars but I didn't mind so much when
watching the intro's... but later for the game ofcourse I switched to
1920x1200... and then the intro's and scenes play at that resolution too so
all is fine...

I also liked the "blue arrow" sounds... those were very cool.. reminded me a
bit of the nice tie fighter battle layouts and stuff... definetly an
improvement for red alert... this game kicks red alert's 2 ass for sure...
since I think red alert 2 kinda sucked...

But so far Red Alert 3 seems to be kicking ass..

I haven't tried multiplayer yet but I will try that later on somewhat...

The graphics may not be top notch but the game makes up for it in
gameplay... and lots of it !

I am bit exhausted now after playing the game.. so I am gonna leave it at
that... I think I covered the most important parts... so I have nothing more
to write at the moment...

Stay tuned, Stay Red ! Stay Aggresive...

Actually I liked it when the general said: "You fight like a girly !" Or
something like that lol..

Very funny.

So I was like ok... **** you... **** that... I gotta beef it up !

And so I did... no more pussy **** ! I just build a massive fleet and kicked
ass ! =D

Choosing when strategy and going with it is best... you can't do everything
where your a newby but later you could even do both things... but best is
still one strategy...

Like big navy... or big army... or maybe even big air fleets....

Combinations are possible too... just want you want to do..

Anyway I played the game on "normal/high speed" so you don't have lots of
time to micro manager everything... so just go with the flow...

I love that part of the game... just winging it and blowing stuff up and
going and building like crazy ! but then still some strategy here and
there...

It's nothing to complicated... little kids can play it too.. just but lots
and lots and lots of stuff and send it FORTH !

I do hope multiplayer will be even more challenging and fun... I kinda look
forward to that a little bit... I hope it's gooooood !

Let's see euhm... yeah one last thing... I played everything on medium
skills so if you wanna do the single player again you could choose higher
difficulty levels

One thing which is notably missing is an option to play differerent music
files.... kinda odd... maybe it doesn't have so much music or maybe it
has... in previous versions of C&C/Red Alert you could select the music
yourself... but not in this game ?

I kinda miss that... but nothing to big...

There were a little bit of pathing finding issue's here and there... and
sometimes the occasional blink... and graphics bug with the hint pop-up...
but nothing too serious...

I did have to apply a little patch... and I have seen people complain about
a black screen with a red star...
I think that's kinda normally because the game is looking for patching...

Just wait it out and you'll eventually return to the menu... so it's a menu
issue...

Anyway this game plays like a high quality game...

Though there were little control issue's which might have been better... and
some weird special abilities like ships destroying themselfes for extra fire
power... that's kinda weird but ok... I accidently used that during one
mission... I thought it was just a normal fire control button... but nope...

It would be nice if I could simply select a way point from the construction
menu... instead of having to find the fabrication plant... that could have
been done a bit smarter... for faster game play... also maybe automatic
balancing of build stuff when you have multie factories...

So here and there there are things which might have been done different...
might have been better or maybe not...

In the last mission I build like 4 to 5 construction "cranes" which allowed
me to build real fast... it was nice..

I also finally learned how to pick a tank up with a heli... that was kinda
unnatural... you have to select the tank and stick it into the heli...
instead of flying with the heli towards the tank and picking it up... so
that's kinda odd/weird...

So it works the opposite as it would work in say C&C or dune2 or whatever...
but nothing too serious again...

I hope these little thingies don't start to irritate me in multiplayer... I
don't think so.. but ya never know

I probably won't be playing this game for long though..

It's nice... maybe it's even great... but it's nothing earth scattering
at least I think so for now...

Maybe later after I played the other two campaignes and played multiplayer
I might change my mind... but probably not...

I think this game is ultimately gonna get 3 starts...... very very very very
maybe 4... but don't count on it

More crazy/wacky reviewing will follow

(The sound was kinda nice too... I think it has surround support... or just
a little bit don't know exactly but it was nice...)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old October 31st 08, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

O,

I forgot to mention one important thing:

This game has juicy nice titties in it not too much but just enough to
put a little smiley on your face !

IT'S NIIIICCEEE ! Staring at that "cleavige" or whatever lol

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 1st 08, 10:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Ok,

Now I am playing the second campagne... and I like what I see...

The next babe is even more beautifulll maybe slightly smaller titties..

The first mission was awesome... the next missions are different too... I
like the music...

I also played with the graphics... I have to play at medium... but I can
enable anti aliasing 4x for a bit smoother look... I like that !

I also tried graphics on all high and such and the game does look pretty
good... but then it becomes to slow at 1920x1200 for my 7900 gtx I could
try and plug in a second card.. but not gonna do that... I am happy with the
medium graphics it plays nice and still looks kinda acceptable.

Red Alert 3... might be going for 4 maybe even 5 stars depending on how the
multiplayer works out...

I had a quick look at the skirmish maps from the top... they seem kinda
boring and to symetrical... I haven't actually played them yet... hmm...
fingers crossed... I hope I am not wasting my time on "training with single
player campange then to find out that multiplayer sucks... " hmmmm...

Well I am having fun with single player... but I do hope multiplayer is good
though... otherwise I might have to subtract a star ! yeah.. because I am
hoping to kick ass in multiplayer after I finish the campagnes !

Red Alert is definetly gonna get it's third star from me... but the rest is
up for grabs =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Pop Up Alert? Gobo Nvidia Videocards 6 January 27th 08 11:34 PM
NAV Alert Mel General 3 August 10th 05 11:44 PM
JUNK ALERT A8N-SLI Deluxe JUNK ALERT Skybuck Flying Asus Motherboards 32 August 4th 05 10:47 AM
TROLL ALERT scary Nvidia Videocards 0 April 22nd 05 12:37 PM
Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM