Power supply requirement for Nvidia Geforce 7900 G

Old September 7th 06, 08:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Coolbreeze

Default Power supply requirement for Nvidia Geforce 7900 G

Hello all. I just purchased 2 MSI nvidia geforce 7900 GS PCI-E video
cards that I intend to use in SLI mode in replacement of my current
nvidia geforce 6800 GS PCI-E in SLI mode. the geforce 6800 GS don't
require external power but the geforce 7900 GS cards do. My current
power supply is a PC Power & Cooling Turbo cool 510XE 510 Watts (650
watts total) which I think is the best power supply in it's class. It
is not a SLI power supply, it has only one PCI-E Power connector but I
have a molex drive wye PCI-E connector for a second card for SLI. I
don't know whether or not my current power supply is enough. I'm eyeing
another pc power & cooling power supply, the SILENCER® 750 EPS12V 750
watt PSU which is a SLI certified PSU. So I need to know whether or not
my current PSU will be suffiicient. Give me your suggestions and
comments. Here is my current computer configuration.

M/B: MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum/SLI
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
CPU Cooling: Thermaltake Bigwater cpu water cooling system
Memory: 1 gigabyte of Corsair CMXP512-3200XL
1 Gigabyte of Corsair CMX512-3200C2 2 Gigabytes total
Graphics cards: 2x Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS PCI-E in SLI mode
Sound Card: Creative Labs soundblaster X-FI platinum
Optical Drive #1: LG GDR-8164B Internal DVD-ROM
Optical Drive #2 Plextor PX-716A DVD-R
Hard Drive: 2x Western Digital Raptor 74 Gig 10,000rpm in RAID 0
configuration
Floppy Drive: Mitsumi 1.44 Floppy Drive
Temp Sensor: Lian Li TR-3A Thermometer
Case: Lian Li PC-V1200 (Modified with window kit)
Fans: 3 120mm fans and 1 80mm fans
UV: 2 UV lights so it looks cool.
Wireless LAN: MSI MS-6852 PCI Dual net card

Here are my curent PSU specs. shifty.gif

PC Power & Cooling 510W Turbo Cool PCI Express PSU T51EX
Connections
1 x 24-pin Mainboard
1 x 24-pin to 20-pin Adapter
1 x 4-pin P4
1 x 6-pin PCI Express
6 x 5-pin SATA With 3.3V Line
8 x 4-pin Molex
1 x 4-pin FDD

Features
Shielded EMI Filter and Large Input Inductor provides superior high and
mid-frequency noise suppression
Large Input Capacitors and Power Factor Correction Circuit provide line
conditioning, longer hold-up time, and lower input current
Heavy-Duty Heat Sinks, Transformer, and a High-Capacity Ball-Bearing
Fan means it will run cooler with more power, and a longer life
Independent Regulation provides superior rock-solid voltage stability
+3.3, +5, +12 Voltage and Over-Current Adjustments provide precision
control and system fine tuning
Heavy-Duty Output Capacitors provide superior noise and ripple
suppression
Thermal Protection and Fan Speed Control provide fail-safe protection
and quiet operation

Specifications:
AC Input:
Operating Range: 90-564 VAC, 0.99 Power Factor Auto-Select
Frequency: 47-63Hz
Current: 10A @ 115V
Efficiency: 70%
EMI: FCC-B, CE
DC Output:
Output:
+5V: 40A
+12V: 34A, 38A pk
-5V: 0.3A
-12V: 2A
+3.3V: 30A
+5VSB: 3A
Power Output: 510W
Peak Power Output: 650W
Regulation:
+5V: 1%
+12V: 1%
-5V: 5%
-12V: 5%
+3.3V: 1%
p-p: 1%
Hold Time: 20ms
PG Delay: 300ms
Safety:
OV Protection: +3.3V, +5V, +12V
OC Protection: +3.3V, +5V, +12V, -5V, -12V OCP
Agency Approval: UL, ULC, TUV, CE
Environmental:
Temperatu 0-50° C
Humidity: 10%-90% RH
Fan Type: 30-44 CFM ball
Noise: 30-44dBA
Miscellaneous:
Compatibility: ATX12V (2.03)
M/B Connectors: 20-pin/24-pin, 4-pin P4, 6-pin PCI Express
Drive Connectors: 15 (6 SATA, 1 mini)
MTBF: 100,000 hrs
Dimensions: 5.9" x 3.4" x 5.5" (W x H x D)

Old September 7th 06, 11:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Romano

"Coolbreeze" je napisao u poruci interesnoj grupi:

Give me your suggestions and comments

cut t crap

Get a life

Old September 7th 06, 10:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
tooly

"Coolbreeze" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I think home depot is having a sale on portable generators just now...

Old September 7th 06, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...r-noise_4.html
The 7900GT uses only 48W peak. The 7900GS is similar. The PC P&C 510 is more
than enough to power two of them.

BTW, if clean wire layout is important to you, in lieu of the Y-adapter,
there are single 4- to 6-pin adapters available:
http://www.us.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17110

"Coolbreeze" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all. I just purchased 2 MSI nvidia geforce 7900 GS PCI-E video
cards that I intend to use in SLI mode in replacement of my current
nvidia geforce 6800 GS PCI-E in SLI mode. the geforce 6800 GS don't
require external power but the geforce 7900 GS cards do. My current
power supply is a PC Power & Cooling Turbo cool 510XE 510 Watts (650
watts total) which I think is the best power supply in it's class
snipped

Old September 8th 06, 12:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Biff

if your not interested in the enthusiast video card arena why bother posting
at all, the guy was asking a legitimate question in a technically oriented
ng

Old September 8th 06, 10:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Romano

"Biff" je napisao u poruci interesnoj grupi:
if your not interested in the enthusiast video card arena why bother
posting at all, the guy was asking a legitimate question in a technically
oriented ng

Im intrested,why else i would be on this group?I just hate that geeks who
post "I have super duper computer,blablabla,whata u think?should i get
haircut to look cool?Give me ur comments and suggestion"He just named brand
name components with 30 kb of text,and he asks bull**** question of PSU,just
to ask something.I mean wtf?Get a bigest,meanest PSU and **** off.Like
someone care if u spend 5000$ on pc who will worth 1000$ in next 6 months.

Old September 13th 06, 09:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Coolbreeze

Romano wrote:
"Biff" je napisao u poruci interesnoj grupi:
if your not interested in the enthusiast video card arena why bother
posting at all, the guy was asking a legitimate question in a technically
oriented ng

Im intrested,why else i would be on this group?I just hate that geeks who
post "I have super duper computer,blablabla,whata u think?should i get
haircut to look cool?Give me ur comments and suggestion"He just named brand
name components with 30 kb of text,and he asks bull**** question of PSU,just
to ask something.I mean wtf?Get a bigest,meanest PSU and **** off.Like
someone care if u spend 5000$ on pc who will worth 1000$ in next 6 months.

Hey Ramano or whatever the **** your name is, if you can't give a
positive reply then just go **** off somewhere else. this form is for
people who are serious about videocards and other computer hardwardware
not someone like you with a ****uped atitude!