! Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood ! 1.5 to 2.5 out of 5 stars

Old July 3rd 09, 05:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default ! Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood ! 1.5 to 2.5 out of 5 stars

Ok people,

Today I finished playing the video game called "Call of Juarez: Bound in
Blood".

And here is my short review of it, because I have go eat now

Well what can I say about this game ?

Let me start with the positive

The game has good to superb graphics.

The first level had a little less good graphics... and was probably the most
boring level.

After that the game gets better.

The game has some dirty words which gives it a more mature feeling like:

"AAAAAACCCEEEHOLLLEEE"

Thomas will say to Ray:

"I learned one thing: My brother's an ACCCEEEEHOLLLLEEE"

I loved that part of the game LOL.

Also some other nice voices in the game and nice voice dialog...

It gets better and better.

The voice dialog at the start is poor but then it gets better and better.

Currently I have a stereo speakerset (kinda crappy).

I am not impressed with the sounds... but that could be because of my
speakerset...

I did play also with headset and there it sounded a bit better.

I think on a surround sound set this game will probably sound better...

Though I have some doubts... the weapons sounds more or less the same... so
that's why I am not too impressed with it.

The game does have some more weapons...

But now the most important you all been waiting for:

Is the game exciting ? NOT REALLY.

Sometimes it's a little bit exciting... but overall this game is pretty
boring.

But what did you expect from a Wild West shooter ?

Still though... Call of Juarez 1 multiplayer had some pretty hectic
moment... but none of that in this game... which kinda sux... but ok...

It does make the game easy to play... maybe multiplayer will be better.

I think the indians in part 1 were better... and more fun to shoot...

The enemy AI in this game is kinda boring... they don't do much... they just
stand behind rocks waiting to get shot...

There is no enemy AI strategy/tactic planning... almost no movement... no
flanking... none of that...

(I played it a medium difficulty)

Though there were some levels were the enemy moved a bit... and flanked just
a little bit...

The story of the game is nice though... I enjoyed that... lot's of different
things you must do in the game to advence the story... lot's of dialog...

That's where the game shines... If you enjoy a somewhat good story... then
you will enjoy this game.

The graphics and story and voice dialog all start to shine from level 2 and
onwards.

The first time you get to see thomas in full color in the level 2 is a lust
for the eye

It's really nice looking and continues so throughout the game.

There is also some inter-personal-story going on... with
characters/girls/jealousy... and all of that...

There is also a third "brother" which tells the story...

I also took a quick look at multiplayer via lan... to bad I didn't get to
try it out...

Maybe there will be a multiplayer demo of this game in the future ?

Otherwise maybe hamachi can help here...

The voice is from Enemy Territory which sounds ok... but at the same time...
heard that voice before... but ok... it's nice voice so I don't mind.

The missions seems nice... I can't say anything else about multiplayer
because I haven't played it for part 2 yet.

Overall I am not very impressed by this game... so I am gonna give it a 1
out of 5 stars.

Maybe 2 out of 5 starts for the wild-water rafting... that was kinda cool
scene...

This game has many nice scenes... and that's nice... but just like I wrote
about ghostbusters... scenes are not gameplay... so scenes don't get no
points for me...

So this game at best 2 out of 5 stars....

Though I enjoyed ghostbusters probably a little bit more so... Coj BiB gets
1.5 stars from me... and that's my final verdict.

With good multiplayer this could become a solid 2 out of 5 stars... maybe
2.5 out of 5 stars... but not any higher than that !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 4th 09, 03:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

"Wookie" wrote in message
Did you like the first Call Of Juarez?

It wasn't bad.

Googly my review of it

And the multiplayer part was pretty cool.

Bye,
Skybuck.