Advice on new card please

Old July 9th 06, 01:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Lord

Default Advice on new card please

I currently have a Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT card (AGP) and on the whole have
been satisfied with it performance but it struggles to run the latest games,
oblivion etc. I'm therefore looking at upgrading and have seen what I
fancy, the Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ SILENT 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual
DVI (AGP).

I have a P4 3 GHz with 1 GB Ram, would this be good enough not to cause a
bottleneck with the card I'm looking at?

Thanks

John

Old July 9th 06, 08:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Timelord

The particular card you are thinking of upgrading to is very good, i have
one. I got it to replace my 6800GT which also struggled to play the later
games.

Old July 9th 06, 10:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Lord

Just what i wanted to hear, cheers timelord. Bit worried that my PSU won't
be poweful enough, what do you have?
.uk...

Old July 11th 06, 10:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Timelord

To be on the safe side i would suggest that you get a good quality 500w
supply. Not sure what make mine is but it works fine. A twin fan unit helps.

The card itself has a ducting which exits through a spare case PCI slot &
mine runs at no higher than 53 degrees.
"John Lord" wrote in message
Just what i wanted to hear, cheers timelord. Bit worried that my PSU
won't be poweful enough, what do you have?
.uk...