When display device fades and video stutters at the same time???

Old October 3rd 09, 06:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nick Mirro

Default When display device fades and video stutters at the same time???

This has completely baffled me. I am getting relentless stuttering of
1080 video running VLC, WMC or WinDVD and running either coreavc or
ffdshow. Directx, mobo and vid drivers are all new.

Here's the real head spinner. When running the coreAVC codec, I open
an MTS file in WMP and the entire projector output begins TO DIM????
Like the lamp output is dropping. Its new and works perfectly in any
other situation (blue-ray, Cable, etc.)

Any ideas about this? My head is spinning.

Nick

MicroATX GIgabyte GA-MA7 AMD 780G chipset
A64 X2 2.5 ghz processor
Onboard ATI HD 3200 video (using HDMI out to Epson Home Cinema 1080p)

Single Kingston 2gb PC8500 running at 800 mhz
Old October 4th 09, 02:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nick Mirro

On Oct 3, 12:29*pm, Nick Mirro wrote:
This has completely baffled me. *I am getting relentless stuttering of
1080 video running VLC, WMC or WinDVD and running either coreavc or
ffdshow. *Directx, mobo and vid drivers are all new.

Here's the real head spinner. *When running the coreAVC codec, I open
an MTS file in WMP and the entire projector output begins TO DIM????
Like the lamp output is dropping. *Its new and works perfectly in any
other situation (blue-ray, Cable, etc.)

Any ideas about this? *My head is spinning.

Nick

MicroATX *GIgabyte GA-MA7 *AMD 780G chipset
A64 X2 2.5 ghz processor
Onboard ATI HD 3200 video (using HDMI out to Epson Home Cinema 1080p)

Single Kingston 2gb PC8500 running at 800 mhz

Could this all be the powersupply? I think its 400 watts and cannot
be replaced for this case.
Old October 4th 09, 03:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Nick Mirro wrote:
On Oct 3, 12:29 pm, Nick Mirro wrote:
This has completely baffled me. I am getting relentless stuttering of
1080 video running VLC, WMC or WinDVD and running either coreavc or
ffdshow. Directx, mobo and vid drivers are all new.

Here's the real head spinner. When running the coreAVC codec, I open
an MTS file in WMP and the entire projector output begins TO DIM????
Like the lamp output is dropping. Its new and works perfectly in any
other situation (blue-ray, Cable, etc.)

Any ideas about this? My head is spinning.

Nick

MicroATX GIgabyte GA-MA7 AMD 780G chipset
A64 X2 2.5 ghz processor
Onboard ATI HD 3200 video (using HDMI out to Epson Home Cinema 1080p)

Single Kingston 2gb PC8500 running at 800 mhz

Could this all be the powersupply? I think its 400 watts and cannot
be replaced for this case.

400W should be plenty for a system using a built-in video solution.
Even a 130W processor, isn't going to have much of an effect on a
400W supply.

If you want better feedback about your supply, copy all the numbers
off the label on the side of the supply. The numbers all have
meaning.

It is possible for a company, to make bad choices on the balance
of the supply rails. For example, there was a 500W supply with a
12V 10A output, which is useless for any practical system. And
that is why, if you want comments about your supply, you really
need to present all the numbers. If there is a picture of the
supply on the Internet, and the label is clearly visible in the
picture, that could save you the effort of copying the numbers
into a posting. Otherwise, just copy off the info and post it.

If you have stuttering, check Task Manager and see if the processor
is flat out. Also, while playing with your processor, verify what
you see in CPUZ, before the video is played, and while the video
is playing. AMD systems use Cool N' Quiet, and the computer should
"switch up" to full speed, when the video plays, and then
reduce speed and voltage when the system is idle. Occasionally,
the usage of Cool N' Quiet affects video playback. Disable it,
or use the Power control panel to select a "high power profile"
such as "Always ON". Maybe that will keep the CPU at full rated
speed.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Paul
Old October 4th 09, 10:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nick Mirro

On Oct 3, 9:04*pm, Paul wrote:
Nick Mirro wrote:
[...]

* * Paul- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for helping with this. The powersupply is an Antec AR-350,
having only 350 watts. I ran CPUID and it showed the processor
remaining at 2500 while I ran the .mts video or not. Usage during
playback is at 50-67%.

I ran through Antec's power supply calculator based on my current
system and it said I needed 177 watts : - ) Not sure if it takes
into account hdmi output. It didn't list my onboard ATI HD 3200 so I
picked the more powerful Radeon HD 3450 as the video.

There is only one stick of 2 gb DDR2 SDRAM on the board. Could this
single channel approach be causing the problem? Here are the power
supply specs.

Product Name Power Supply for NSK1380
Product Type ATX12V Power Supply
Product Model AR-350
Output Power 350 W
Input Voltage 240V AC

Certifications & Standards 80 PLUS
Compatibility Aria NSK1300
Aria NSK1380

Frequency

50 Hz
60 Hz

Receptacles 1 x 24-pin ATX Motherboard
1 x 4-pin ATX12V Motherboard

Input Voltage Range 100V AC to 240V AC

Output Voltage

3.3V DC
5V DC
12V DC
-12V DC
5V DC
Old October 5th 09, 01:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
peter

Take a look at this page and check your settings...especially frame buffer
size

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/676/4/

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.