Connecting front case ports

Old March 8th 05, 08:32 PM
Vincent Vega

Default Connecting front case ports

I ordered a Lian-Li PC-V2100B full tower case yesterday, it arrived today.
I spent a good few hours dismantling my venerable Supermicro P4DCE+-based
system and re-installing it in the new case. The case, incidentally, is a
work of art. So many nice touches, from the tool provided for screwing in
the motherboard mounts, the superb hard drive mounting racks and the
bling-bling wheels.

However, there's a problem when it comes to the ports on the front of the
case. Right at the bottom of the case are two USB ports, a Firewire port
and green and pink audio sockets. I'm not bothered about the audio, but I
would like to be able to hook up the USB and Firewire ports to my PCI
Firewire/USB card. The problem is that the cables provided with the case
that go to the ports on the front just aren't long enough. They are a good
four inches - at least - too short.

My question is this: is it possible to buy internal USB and Firewire
extension cables? The plugs for the USB and Firewire are not the
conventional external style - they are 2x5 (I think) blocks with
multi-coloured cables that lead to the case ports. The extension wires
would need a 2x5 (or whatever) socket on one end and a plug on the other.

I took a photo of one of the plugs - excuse the blur (I was in a rush).

See he http://img164.exs.cx/img164/768/cable4gf.jpg

I could extend the cables myself but my soldering skills aren't that great
and I'd much prefer to spend a little (?) money on some extenders.

Any ideas?
Old March 8th 05, 09:46 PM
Mike NG

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 at 20:32:05, Vincent Vega (Vincent Vega
) wrote:
[...]

Sorry I can't help, but on a a related note I have a Lian Li PC-60 which
has 4 USB ports at the front. Is it easy to get at this card to replace
with a card that has firewire. I've Taken the front and the sides off
and can't see how to get under there
--
Mike
Old March 8th 05, 10:49 PM