Geforce2 mx400 video out?

Old September 12th 03, 07:48 PM
chris

Default Geforce2 mx400 video out?

I have a Geforce mx400 as video card in my system. Works great no
problem about that. On the back of the card i have a vga out, i want to
use a audio video transmitter-receiver to send the images from my pc to
my tv. But so far no result. Is this card suitable for this purpose. I
have 3 connection possibities. one vga out for my monitor and two others
i try them both but i get no signal to my tv. I hope someone can give me
some advise to solve this problem.

Regards Chris

Old September 15th 03, 04:40 AM
Biz

I hooked an s-video cable up to my tv, checked the properties for monitor 2
to make sure it was NTSC and I turned on clone mode...worked perfect 1st
time.
"Bill Fitzgerald" wrote in message
chris

I have a Geforce mx400 video card and have been trying to get the video

out
to my tv to work also, to no avail. If you get your's to work, I'd like

know how you did it.

Regards

Bill

Old September 17th 03, 10:24 AM
Bill Fitzgerald

Biz

I don't have s-video capability on my Tv. You mentioned checking the
properties for monitor.....how do you do that? How do you check for clone
mode?

Thanks

Bill

Old September 18th 03, 05:58 AM
Biz

Does your tv have composite input?(yellow) Since all the GF2 MX cards I have
seen are s-video out only, provided your tv has any a/v inputs at all you
will have to buy a video adapter at someplace like Radio Shack. With no a/v
inputs at all, get an RF modulator

Old September 18th 03, 09:44 PM
Bill Fitzgerald

My video card and my tv have the RCA output/input. I got the appropriate
cable, however doesn't work. Do I have to set the Tv on a particular
channel? Unplug the current monitor to see if the OS will detect the Tv?
Or how about a website that goes into the details of 'how to do it'.

Thanks

Bill

Old September 19th 03, 03:43 AM
Biz

Bill, the tv must be tuned to the input(or channel) you are plugged into,
try channel 0, or 1, or maybe there is a button on the remote labeled
tv/video. Check the owners manual for your tv.

Old September 20th 03, 05:48 PM
Bill Fitzgerald

Hooray

Finally got it to work. I went to this URL for detailed information.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_20011119_6315.html

Had to disconnect my monitor and it found the Tv

Bill