Help geforce2 mx400 pci

Old August 8th 03, 03:42 AM
Radbourne

Default Help geforce2 mx400 pci

WinXP
1.1Ghz Celeron
256MB Ram
Onboard Intel 810 series graphics (cant disable hardware, only drivers).

I am getting seemingly random screen glitches and lockups while using the
Geforce2 mx400 in my machine. This usually happens when playing games but
sometimes happens other times. I can run a Voodoo5 in the computer without
trouble even though winxp doesnt have offcial drivers for it.

I have tried the latest drivers and looked everywhere for any sign of a
cure.

-Stuart

---

Old August 8th 03, 04:23 AM
Tommy B

did you try the detonator drivers??

Those solved all my problems in XP.

Old August 8th 03, 04:35 PM
Radbourne

Yes, tried those. both the latest and the few versions before it. I'm
completely stumped.... :-/

Old August 8th 03, 05:59 PM
Biz

Make sure you have gotten rid of all remnants of the drivers and any utilities that were installed
for the 810 and the Voodoo card. None of that stuff will play nice together. Especially Voodoo
cards.
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

Old August 8th 03, 06:17 PM
Alan

make sure that your pc has a good cooling system
those PCI cards run much hotter then there AGP counterparts because the
cores run at a higher voltage

overheating cards often cause glitches and lockups

Old August 9th 03, 03:05 AM
Dustin

overheating cards often cause glitches and lockups

....so does lack of power.
Old August 9th 03, 05:51 PM
Tommy B

yeah, i would definatly make sure all drivers are gone. Try using safe
mode, thats what I had to do to get my geforce 5200 pci card working on my
xp system.