Boot Up Mystery - Help Needed

Old January 12th 05, 01:08 PM
Brian

Default Boot Up Mystery - Help Needed

Hello,

A friend of mine brought two of their PC's over last night for me to fix and
reinstall their operating systems. I unplugged the power cord, keyboard,
mouse and monitor from my PC to their first one. It booted up and I started
the reinstall process. I came back into the room and accidentally jostled
the PC and it basically reset itself but did not boot up again. I powered it
off and back on and you hear the two hard drives power up, the fans come on
and the CD-ROM getting it's power but it never gives the BIOS beep and
starts the boot process.

So, I decided to fix their 2nd one. It worked like a charm and is ready to
go. I needed something off my own PC, so I hooked it back up and for some
very odd reason, it is acting just like the first PC; the two hard drives
power up, the fans come on and the CD-ROM getting it's power but it never
gives the BIOS beep and starts the boot process. So, now my main PC at home
is dead.

What could cause this to my PC when it wasn't even on when I jostled the
first one. They were on the same table but my PC had no power to it
whatsoever.

The only thing in common I could see is that the 1st PC and my PC both have
AGP video cards whereas the 2nd one only had an onboard video card. What in
the world could cause my PC to not boot? I removed my AGP video card and
then put it back in with no luck.

And what suggestions do you have? Should I remove and reseat all of the
cards? Bottom line, the mystery is why my main PC would act like the first
one now.

Thanks in advance!
Brian

Old January 14th 05, 01:03 PM
T Shadow

"BruceM" wrote in message
Got a spare keyboard to try?

"Brian" wrote in message
[...]

Are you using the same monitorkeyboardmousekvm or power
cordstripoutletcircuit?

Old January 15th 05, 07:15 AM
Jeff Houston

I think your friends PC had a virus and it was infectious and your pc caught
it.

Can't boot from CD Zotin Khuma General 6 November 16th 04 10:18 PM
Boot problem with Promise SATA Fasttrack S150TX2 Plus Wizard General 0 September 13th 04 06:54 PM
corrupted partition table - help needed! Justin Case General 0 August 3rd 04 09:22 AM
Whos dumped their floopy and now use usb stick to boot from when needed ? We Live For The One We Die For The One Homebuilt PC's 6 January 27th 04 10:17 PM
Hard drive that boots elsewhere refuses to boot in this machine Simon O'Connor General 9 July 22nd 03 06:34 AM