Compaq Proliant Rails

Old December 23rd 04, 07:46 AM
Desty

Default Compaq Proliant Rails

Looking for a set of rails to suit a proliant 3000.

Anyone???
Old December 23rd 04, 01:54 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

Your best bet is likely eBay ...

- LC

Old December 23rd 04, 04:45 PM
Desty

f/f george wrote:
I have a 3000 and it doesn't have rails! Mine has slots for sideways
mounted drives. The drives fit in cage enclosures that then slide
right into the slots. I currently have 6 drives in mine, the max.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:46:07 +1000, Desty
wrote:

Looking for a set of rails to suit a proliant 3000.

Anyone???

I meant Rack-mounting Rails...

I have 7 drives in my 3000, SCSI ID's 0 - 6, which is the maximum as the
controller takes SCSI ID 7. There is physically room for 8, but the last
one craps out when installed and none of them work due to the ID conflict.
Old December 23rd 04, 07:58 PM
Nut Cracker

in order to use the 8th slot, you need to duplex the drive cage. This splits
the backplane in half, so you can have 4 devices per channel. The SA3200
array contoller is perfectly suited for this application.

- LC

Old December 23rd 04, 11:22 PM
Desty

Nut Cracker wrote:
in order to use the 8th slot, you need to duplex the drive cage. This splits
the backplane in half, so you can have 4 devices per channel. The SA3200
array contoller is perfectly suited for this application.

Yep, and I have the SA3200 controller, however, I don't have the little
'duplex' card for the rear of the array cage, only the simplax card,
plus, the manual is far from clear on exactly how to wire the cage in
dual channel mode.

- LC

Old December 24th 04, 01:03 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

Its very simple:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

look at the image in this auction. You see how the duplexing board is used
at the top (actually the bottom) of the cage.

Use the daughter card on the 3200 that has 2 internal headers. Run a cable
from the SA to the cage, one on each side of the power connector.

ane bingo, yer done.

although ... you may want to consider get the Ultra2/Ultra3 cage beacuse it
gives you 10 drive bays to use in simplex, or duplex mode. The 3200 can
address up to 15 devices per channel.

- LC

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM
Compaq Proliant Server Parts Fidgerry Compaq Servers 3 December 29th 03 07:05 PM
FS: Qty. 11 Compaq Proliant Systems $1,500 - 3000, 4500, 5500's 444UNIX Compaq Computers 0 November 3rd 03 02:29 PM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM