ATI ALL In Wonder

Old December 15th 03, 08:48 PM
Miao Xu

Default ATI ALL In Wonder

Hey,

I've been thinking about getting a new ATI All in Wonder Pro Card, since it
has pc-tv capabilities...now I have looked around the web, and I've come
across a pro version, which my intended card has, and a ve version...i
really don't understand what is the difference between the pro and the ve
version is, except the pro is much more expensive...could anyone enlighten
me here? Thanks,

Miao

Old December 15th 03, 09:25 PM
Carl

In this news forum,
Miao Xu exclaimed to the world in his special way:

Hey,

I've been thinking about getting a new ATI All in Wonder Pro Card,
since it has pc-tv capabilities...now I have looked around the web,
and I've come across a pro version, which my intended card has, and a
ve version...i really don't understand what is the difference between
the pro and the ve version is, except the pro is much more
expensive...could anyone enlighten me here? Thanks,

Miao

You could buy the ATI All-In-Wonder 9800SE and turn it into a 9800 Pro.
But don't take my word for it, go he

www.ocfaq.com/softmod/

Carl

Old December 15th 03, 09:35 PM
Miao Xu

I still want to know what the difference is...I've heard that the Pro
Version has smoother graphics and a stereo component which I'm not familiar
with, so maybe someone could help me out here...

Old December 15th 03, 10:49 PM
JC

I am confused.. this is the NVidia newsgroup correct ??

JC

--
"That's when I heard the sound of the Universe
cocking the F**k With Me Gun"

Old December 15th 03, 10:50 PM
chris

Pro versions definately have all 8 pixel pipelines enabled
SE has only 4 guarenteed pixel pipelines connected but does have the same
memory speed (and hence bandwith)

Not all SE have 4 broken pipelines, hence there's a chance that it can be
soft-modded to work with all 8, ala PRO

chris

Old December 15th 03, 11:35 PM
K-Man

ATI All In Wonder Series sound old to me.

--
K-Man

My PC Specs:
Windows XP Professional, SP1
Intel P4 2.3Ghz L2 Cache, 533Mhz Bus
512MB DDR Ram @ 266Mhz
6 USB2.0 Ports
Western Digital 80GB 8MB Cache
Hitachi LG CDRW 40x10x40
Sound Blaster Live! Digital 5.1
nVIDIA GeForce4 420 MX + TV-Out
15" LCD Flat Monitor, 32bit colors 1024x768 @ 75Hz
Harman/Kardon 2.1 speakers

Old December 17th 03, 10:50 AM
Lasse Lundberg

"JC" wrote in message
I am confused.. this is the NVidia newsgroup correct ??

JC

It is, people are just too stupid, Miao may have made a mistake posting
here...but what wonders me is why all those who have answered are so stupid
to do so....maybe they think we just should make one big news group with all
the groups smashed into one....

Lasse

Old December 17th 03, 03:44 PM
Carl

In this news forum,
Lasse Lundberg exclaimed to the world in his special way:

It is, people are just too stupid, Miao may have made a mistake
posting here...but what wonders me is why all those who have answered
are so stupid to do so....maybe they think we just should make one
big news group with all the groups smashed into one....

Lasse

I answered Miao because thats the kind of person I am, all right? His name
lead me to believe he may have gotten into the wrong group by mistake. So
rather than criticise him, I answered his question. I'm sooooo soorrrryyy
to you for breaching Usenet rules and apologise wholeheartedly to you for
using 1kb of bandwidth on this precious newsgroup. LOL! Does that put
things in perspective, fanboy? You wasted more bandwidth and posted
unecessarily when you could have simply filtered out posts with ATI in
subject line. You can ignore any post you like. With all the spamming going
on, this thread really does not have any effect or imapct on this nVidia
group. Occasionally you'll get OT posts far more off topic than this!

Oh and by-the-way, I'm not stupid. I'm actually quite intelligent and
articulate. So **** off.

~Carl

Old December 17th 03, 04:14 PM
J.Clarke

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:12:07 GMT
"Mark Leuck" wrote:

That is the difference

For once I'm annoyed at a top-post. That said, I'm a bit confused about
what's being discussed here. The difference between an All-in-Wonder
9800 nonpro and pro is that the nonpro is clocked lower. That's all. The
All-In-Wonder VE is similar to the other All-In-Wonders but it uses the
old 7500 chip with the new Rage Theater 200 chip so it gives a
cost-effective TV solution for those who don't need high speed for
gaming and the like--the All-In-Wonder VE, unlike the TV-Wonder VE, does
have stereo audio. The difference between the TV-Wonder Pro and VE is
that the TV-wonder pro has stereo audio.

"TV-Wonder"!="All-In-Wonder"

It would make life simpler if the OP would say which specific board
models he's interested in.

In any case, the best way to find out things like this is to go to
http://www.ati.com and read the specifications for the products of
interest.

"Carl" wrote in message
In this news forum,
Miao Xu exclaimed to the world in his special way:

Hey,

I've been thinking about getting a new ATI All in Wonder Pro
Card, since it has pc-tv capabilities...now I have looked around
the web, and I've come across a pro version, which my intended
card has, and a ve version...i really don't understand what is
the difference between the pro and the ve version is, except the
pro is much more expensive...could anyone enlighten me here?
Thanks,

Miao

You could buy the ATI All-In-Wonder 9800SE and turn it into a 9800
Pro. But don't take my word for it, go he

www.ocfaq.com/softmod/

Carl

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)