Is nHancer stable?

Old June 25th 09, 04:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Is nHancer stable?

I finally decided on a GTS 250 card and happy with it both operationally
(thermal and power consumption) and performance wise in FSX. Some of the
Simmers suggest nHancer, and others recommend to stay away because it
creates stability problems. What is your experience and recommendation?

Running 186.18 drivers and nHancer 2.5.1

Still don't get how to apply, or automatically apply the profiles, and
I'd just a well rid the 100's or 100's of profiles in the Win Registry.
Yep.. I know there's a nHancer forum but you guys would also know.

-ed
Old June 25th 09, 07:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

wrote in message

I finally decided on a GTS 250 card and happy with it both operationally
(thermal and power consumption) and performance wise in FSX. Some of the
Simmers suggest nHancer, and others recommend to stay away because it
creates stability problems. What is your experience and recommendation?

Running 186.18 drivers and nHancer 2.5.1

Still don't get how to apply, or automatically apply the profiles, and
I'd just a well rid the 100's or 100's of profiles in the Win Registry.
Yep.. I know there's a nHancer forum but you guys would also know.

-ed

Not an FSX user. This question would probably be better answered in an FSX
forum rather than an nHancer one, since your question is really about how
well this app behaves with that specific software. FSX is kind of in it's
own league as far as tweaks, setup and system components and config goes.

Old June 26th 09, 01:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

wrote:
I finally decided on a GTS 250 card and happy with it both operationally
(thermal and power consumption) and performance wise in FSX. Some of the
Simmers suggest nHancer, and others recommend to stay away because it
creates stability problems. What is your experience and recommendation?

Running 186.18 drivers and nHancer 2.5.1

Still don't get how to apply, or automatically apply the profiles, and
I'd just a well rid the 100's or 100's of profiles in the Win Registry.
Yep.. I know there's a nHancer forum but you guys would also know.

-ed

Unless you're terribly interested in custom Antaliasing profiles, then
nHanncer isn't going to do much for you. Also there's not many ways in
which it can interfere either. Getting rid of profiles does nothing for
performance. I've found the newer drivers autodetection of installed
games & profiles works well enough that I don't have to mess with it
much anymore. Historically nHancer has been used to force AA and better
levels of AF.

I play FSX with my 9800GTX+ (pretty much the same card as yours) and
performance is great all around. Just be sure to jack the frame limiter
up to "Unlimited" and you're set. I really don't notice much of a
performance benefit/deficit by using DX10 or not in Vista 64, so YMMV.