nvidia Driver Download Portal is SCREWED

Old January 20th 09, 06:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Borealis

Default nvidia Driver Download Portal is SCREWED

In Internet Explorer, you can't even get the other dropdowns to
populate when you select the product type. Nice! They don't bother
to test their portal in the browser with more than 80% marketshare,
nor do they give you an easy way to e-mail portal support.
Old January 20th 09, 11:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
KCB[_2_]

"Borealis" wrote in message

In Internet Explorer, you can't even get the other dropdowns to
populate when you select the product type. Nice! They don't bother
to test their portal in the browser with more than 80% marketshare,
nor do they give you an easy way to e-mail portal support.

It's funny that if you paste their driver widget code into an html doc,
it actually does work.

Old January 22nd 09, 02:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Geoff[_6_]

Borealis wrote:
In Internet Explorer, you can't even get the other dropdowns to
populate when you select the product type. Nice! They don't bother
to test their portal in the browser with more than 80% marketshare,
nor do they give you an easy way to e-mail portal support.

I dunno, looks ok to me in both ie7 and firefox

but mainly, why are you using internet explorer, if you don't like
firefox, use opera, or google chrome, or anything
all are better than IE
Old January 22nd 09, 05:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Borealis

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:20:55 -0800, Bill
wrote:

In article ,
says...

In Internet Explorer, you can't even get the other dropdowns to
populate when you select the product type. Nice! They don't bother
to test their portal in the browser with more than 80% marketshare,
nor do they give you an easy way to e-mail portal support.

Works in Firefox. Maybe you should move up to a better browser.

Bill

Firefox is a buffer overflow exploit-laden accident waiting to happen.
I'm sorry you drank the koolaid.
Old January 22nd 09, 05:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Borealis

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:52:03 +0000, Geoff
wrote:

Borealis wrote:
In Internet Explorer, you can't even get the other dropdowns to
populate when you select the product type. Nice! They don't bother
to test their portal in the browser with more than 80% marketshare,
nor do they give you an easy way to e-mail portal support.

I dunno, looks ok to me in both ie7 and firefox

but mainly, why are you using internet explorer, if you don't like
firefox, use opera, or google chrome, or anything
all are better than IE

Well they fixed it since I posted that. Regardless of what browser
any particular individual likes, my point still stands that when one
browser has 80% of the marketshare it's pretty stupid to not to test
in it first.

I did end up using Fire****ed to get the update I needed temporarily,
but I won't run that gaping security hole unless I have to.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2304&tag=nl.e539
Old January 22nd 09, 06:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Folk

wrote:

Borealis wrote:
In Internet Explorer, you can't even get the other dropdowns to
populate when you select the product type. Nice! They don't bother
to test their portal in the browser with more than 80% marketshare,
nor do they give you an easy way to e-mail portal support.

I dunno, looks ok to me in both ie7 and firefox

but mainly, why are you using internet explorer

Because it's integrated into the OS? Because it's the de facto standard?
Because I've never had a problem with it?

Firefox bigots are indistinguishable from Linux bigots.
Old January 23rd 09, 11:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Tell that to Seagate... or NASA (Hubble). Not testing a product before
releasing it into the market seems to be the norm nowadays...

news