Combination with Radeon HD3300 (AMD 790GX chipset)

Old January 4th 09, 09:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Frank

Default Combination with Radeon HD3300 (AMD 790GX chipset)

Hello does anybody know if it is possible and use full to use an extra
graphics card in a Hybrid Crossfire solution with a brand new card like
Radeon HD 4870 X2.

This would combine a slow HD3300 chip with a blazing fast card the
Radeon HD 4870 X2.

Or is it just better to switch off the HD3300 on a motherboard with the
RS780D also know as the AMD790GX chipset.

I ask this because I think the sole performance of the HD3300 from the
AMD790GX chipset will be fine for now but I want to be able to upgrade.

Yours,

Franklin

remove nsosp and nosp
Old January 4th 09, 10:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

"Frank" wrote in message
l...
Hello does anybody know if it is possible and use full to use an extra
graphics card in a Hybrid Crossfire solution with a brand new card like
Radeon HD 4870 X2.

This would combine a slow HD3300 chip with a blazing fast card the
Radeon HD 4870 X2.

Assuming you even get Hybrid CF working with this setup, depending on the CF
rendering mode, the HD3300 will either make no difference, or actually
hobble the 4870X2.

Or is it just better to switch off the HD3300 on a motherboard with the
RS780D also know as the AMD790GX chipset.

Better to switch off the HD3300.

I ask this because I think the sole performance of the HD3300 from the
AMD790GX chipset will be fine for now but I want to be able to upgrade.

If you intend to play any 3D game made in 2007 or later, the HD3300's
performance won't be fine...

Old January 9th 09, 03:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wookie[_2_]

The 790GX will run with only hybrid with a couple of cards like the 3450.
The HD3300 will run most new games at 1024 x mode OK .. if you want more
eye candy then get a 4850 or 4870 or an NVIdia flavor.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/612/1/

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/758/1/

There is also the 790FX without on board video - slightly faster than the
GX.

There are plenty or reviews out there wating to be googled.

"First of One" root@localhost wrote in message
l...